011. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗥

The car halted in front of their destination, and she held onto the leather of the seat slowly looking around her, trying to see if anyone she knew were there.

She forced her hands to move onto the seatbelts but having second thoughts stopped her from taking the next step, she stared at the hospital and was quickly overcome with an alarming sense to hide.

What if some sidekick working under him was present in that building, what if he was there after being reckless and spilling blood?

It added all the more reason to not leave the car.

She gulped and took her hand off the straps, her body curling inward to make herself appear smaller, to protect herself from any more unfair trials. Resting her hands on her churning stomach instead, she bent her head forward and cried, "I can't do this... It must be my imagination after Aoi made me listen to her ramblings and- now I'm just convincing myself! I can't be pregnant!"

"[Y/N]... Don't think about it, okay? Everything will be alright, you can do it... I'm here for you." Izuku reassured in the most gentle tone he could muster, fearing it could only take one more voice to make her snap. "I'll handle everything, you don't have to do anything." he rubbed her back, his other hand circling her grasp.

"But... I can't do this, I want to go home... I don't want anyone to see me!!"

"I can barely recognize you with how much you've covered every part of your skin, no one will hurt you." he had to be positive, he had to make her gain confidence again. He had to make sure she will get better as more time passed, and though she was trembling, it had to be the first step she took after escaping his childhood friend.

"You- you think so?" she mumbled, looking up with big teary eyes, and he smiled, "Yeah!" and so she took his hand into hers, and gripped them tight. "Okay..."

Walking into the sanitized building he lead the way to the waiting room, and though people's eyes had shifted onto them the second they got in, with how dressed they are, he was sure they were curious about who they were, dismissing them all they breezed through the hallway and he picked the seats furthest away from everyone. Figuring it would help a little. 

He watched her briefly glance toward the other couple in the room, the soon-to-be mother in the corner lovingly caressing her growing belly, and the other lovers smiling and discussing their child's names. Eventually, one by one they went in and came out happier, they were the last ones to set foot into the doctor's office.

"Hello! Please have a seat." the female doctor gestured to the thin bed in the room, and Izuku softly pulled her towards it, quietly urging her to sit down as the lady awkwardly watched them, peering at him she mentally debated if she should speak. The tension had suddenly invaded the room and the lady could feel it. 

"So... Are you the parents?" she asked.

When the lady did speak up, she finally lifted her gaze off the ground and stared at the posters stuck to the walls, one of them was a mother and her child, cartoons of animals and stars and a cute infant, the lightly tinted colors and pamphlets combined into a heart-warming experience, only for her to think that this wasn't how she wanted it to be. 

"Oh, yeah..." Izuku nervously replied, tightly holding onto her hand when her lips remained sealed, he was going to talk in her place. 

"Oh! Wonderful! We could take the next step and see how the child is developing or we could re-confirm if she is pregnant, when had she conceived?" The doctor got right into the topic, wasting no time in advancing the visit. 

"I checked 31 times... and it still shows that I'm pregnant." she eerily muttered under her breath, staring down while the lady sheepishly smiled and anxiously massaged her knuckles, "You must be excited to be parents." she cautiously replied letting out a tiny laugh, skipping a look at izuku she spoke again, "So, um how many months have passed?" 

It was her turn to speak up, izuku squeezed her hand to bring her out of her thoughts, she bit the inside of her cheek and answered, "Maybe a month or less, 4 weeks?" All those weeks she spend in her room and coming out only when Izuku had worried himself sick. If it hadn't been for him, she would have been in, alone but safe.

"I see, you are still early in the pregnancy." she nodded, "If you don't mind, we can shift to the chairs and talk when we can perform the ultrasound." Izuku nodded and urged her to get up, guiding her to sit down before taking a seat himself. 

"I'm sure this is a tough yet happy time for you both, and while it might get harder as she goes along and her mood swings might be constant, she will be alright. I can recommend you a few healthy meals that are good for both the mother and the baby, but are you keeping the child?" 

Izuku looked back at her, and she hadn't moved a muscle yet, her shoulders loosened and she kept staring at a single spot on the table, "...I'm not sure." she responded quietly, her voice almost like a whisper of her troubling thoughts. He could only assume what was going through her mind.

"Well, we could help you, mothers go through a short period like yours and ultimately they decide they want a child in their life, but it is your choice." 

"I don't know if I want to... keep it." 

"I see. If you are unsure, please take your time to decide and we could offer help if need be. When you are certain of it, please come back for an ultrasound. Giving the child a chance is not a bad choice." she smiled and handed them a slip, and Izuku said thanks. 

Softly picking up her from the chair, izuku held her hand as she balanced herself on her feet and followed behind him. Walking out to the fresh air had lifted his spirits a little, however, he is not sure if he can say the same for her. 

She took small and slow steps, and if he hadn't been there, things would have been harder for her to manage. "I don't know what's going on inside your head, and I'm unable to help you no matter how much I try, you couldn't tell me everything that happened in there and I don't want you to revisit those memories. Whenever you're ready, you should lay that burden to rest."

"Hmm..." she hummed, and he had nothing else he could say to make her feel better, it is a tough situation, and suddenly having to be a mother was not any less frightening, he would understand if she didn't want to keep it. He'll support her any way he could, it is the least he could do after failing her more than once. 

"Hey... do you think I should get rid of it?"

"Do you want to?" he answered, he could not make that decision for her.

She stayed quiet.