011. 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗬 𝗣𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗜𝗘

Home is her safe haven.

It has been ever since problems piled up and led awry.

She started her day with serenity, perseverance not being the first thing that came to mind upon fluttering her eyes and hearing the far chirps of baby birds, the distant noise of plates being placed, colorless liquid pouring from the faucet, all in all, it was untroubled, reposeful, placid.

Walking down the stairs and innocently looking at the older figure washing the dishes she tip-toed her way over, her mother suddenly turned to face her with bright eyes and a subtle tilt of the lip almost in awe seeing the girl so tense and playful, she calmly mouths, "Got up so early? It's your favorite today."

"Noodles?" she guessed with a baffled expression. Hiding her hands behind her back.

The mother sighs, her smile widening a little, disappointed about how easy it had gotten to assume, she eyes the girl, nodding, "I suppose..." tossing her gaze elsewhere, she moves towards the utensil, the young female settling down mildly excited.

"Good morning. What's for breakfast?" asked another voice that entered the room, the man of the house, lingered towards the table sitting down with a cup of water.

"Your daughter's favorite." answered his wife.

The father grinned shifting backward, the girl silently watching the scene unfold, slightly concerned at how peaceful it was. "We might change homes soon, after a couple of months."

"Why so?" inquired the girl.

"Just for a change... Gotta leave the past behind."

She stayed still, listening.

Her sister's presence was missed at home, but she at times does remember her, she had been a social butterfly, talking, and smiling, and they were close until she found love.

It just got to the point where she'd get a little too upset with not being able to meet her significant other. She felt like she had no place to reside within her sister's heart, felt like she would be a burden, plus her sister was always too busy with work, with love, with life, with everything.

She got married in the toughest times during her early days and then began her new life. They kept in touch for a while but eventually, things started to get overwhelming at school, and home, she lost that special connection she'd say, but they could reunite if only she tried.

She's become somewhat of an avoidant person ever since Katsuki entered her life.

Even when the situation is light at heart, she never felt safe, she could only think it's what happens when she lives through everything in paranoia, and stress, and her distancing nature to avoid getting left behind had come like a surprise gift, to be strong when no one is physically near.

She'd probably continue this. Till she finds that very special someone of her own. But not while her wounds were still hurting.

A week had breezed past. Everything was running smoothly, and soundly.

One evening, her father returned home from work with a disgruntled expression, a crinkled brow, and appearing confused with a sprinkle of ire. 

"Someone broke the car's windows," he said to her mother, she was a witness hearing the mention of her beloved ruined vehicle, she had picked that car when she was a child with new abilities to talk and point. So it held some sweet memories, "Who did it?" worried the woman, staring at the male in the room.

"Probably some kids from the neighbor's house." replied the father.

"How was it broken?"

"I'm unsure, someone trashed it very badly." irked, he responded. "It will take a lot of money to fix now."