010. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗠𝗢𝗟𝗗

"Hey, you need to look at this." Mr. Cameron had been investigating the burned scene when one of his colleagues walked up to him with his phone's screen lid up and a tightening sensation throbbed in his chest, "What is it?" he turned towards him, hoping it was another lead to a successfully solved case.

He stiffened and shook his head, handing him the phone to see for himself what had gotten out of hand, and blew up. He calmly resumed the footage of someone recording the hallway of someone's home from the window, he assumed it was evidence of a stalker invading the victim's privacy and property but he was wrong to jump to conclusions far too quickly. 

"Is this... real?" he looked up, he had witnessed a woman be pushed to the floor and handcuffed, all while she was struggling and screaming that didn't last long enough to notify anyone. 

"Who sent this? Is this a reliable source?" he widened his eyes as he stared at the man for answers, "We are not sure, it was posted on social media with ground zero's name tag, and it won't be long before everyone knows about it." 

"Who posted it? Can we track them down for more answers?" he urged. With such a crucial lead and the layout of the map, he is sure, the number two hero had to have been involved in someone's disappearance. The silent call and how close the area from where they received the call, no one else miles and miles away from each other. 

He had to be the one they were looking for.

"Some user by the name of Aoi." 

---

"Hey... maybe you shouldn't watch the news." Izuku softly shut the door behind him as he walked into his house, a small bag of medicine in his hand, he put it down on the counter before looking back concerned at the person sitting on his couch. 

"I know..."

"You shouldn't move around yet." he gently insisted while slowly approaching her from behind, stopping before her and lowering himself to her saddened eyes blankly staring at the television. "I know..." she quietly mumbled to herself, she had acquired some severe burns on her arms and legs with a concussion she was gifted from her friend. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you in time, I let Aoi hurt you." 

"You shouldn't worry about me," she replied, "I'm fine."

"Yeah, you are." Izuku softly smiled, "I'm sorry I didn't pick up your call that night. You probably wouldn't have been in that mess if I had only been able to pick up your call." he rested his hand on her wrist, mildly caressing it and appearing guilty whenever his eyes wandered off to the purple-black spots on her arm. 

"I almost couldn't save you." his voice cracked, and he squeezed her arm, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, you can't blame yourself for things that had to happen, I can't hold it against you either. I'll be fine." she tries prying her hand back, and ultimately couldn't when her best friend looked puppy that had gotten kicked out. "I know, I just... feel so guilty." he chuckled sadly and stared up, "I promise I won't let you go anywhere on your own."

She didn't give much of a reaction to go with, her eyes had drifted back to the blinding screen and tuned him out of her mind, and so it was his cue to leave her be for now. 

Walking into his small kitchen, he figured making her something she likes would cheer her up, at least a little bit, she would like it he was sure. 

"Hey, Izuku..." he heard her voice from the living room, and instantly he sprinted back from where he came from, "what's wrong?" he asked, she had gotten up from the sofa and started walking towards him, "I don't feel so good..." she whimpered, her hand grasping her stomach she didn't look up. 

"What's the matter? Is your stomach upset?"

"Kinda... I feel like throwing up, and I haven't even had anything since this afternoon," she replied, resting her other hand around his as he tried to comfort her, "But your plate was empty..."

"I didn't eat it," she confessed the truth with a blank face. "Is something wrong with me?" that was the first time he saw any emotion on her face after a whole week, although he hoped it was a smile instead. She dropped to her knees as if realizing something had sucked the will out of her, and clear tears pooled up. "I can't be..." she was panicking, he can not let her. 

"There's nothing wrong, calm down... take a deep breath." 

"NO... no..." she softly cried out, gripping her head as she attempted to crawl within herself, "It's okay, it's okay, don't worry, everything will be alright..." he cooed in her ears, rubbing her back to calm her rushed breathing. 

"No... no... no!!!" she suddenly pushed him back and bolted into the kitchen, her frantic footsteps echoing in his ears as he quickly followed behind her, not knowing what was going through her head. He had to be there for her, her back was turned towards him as she picked out the sharpest knife, ready to thrust it into her abdomen and end it. 

"I won't let him win!" She screamed out, "I'll kill them all! They messed with the wrong person!!" she gripped the handle tighter and swung it up to be able to slice into her stomach easily. If he hadn't been fast enough, he would be touching her blood. 

"LET GO! IZUKU DON'T GET IN MY WAY!!" 

"You'll kill yourself! Stop!!" he reasoned, grasping her hand and pulling it away from herself, he had to disarm her and make sure she didn't do anything while he wasn't there, he can't leave her alone. "Don't you want to see your parents? You can't do this." he whispered into her ears, "While I was taking you away from that place, you were calling out for them!"

She loosened her grip on the knife, and stopped her struggle for power, letting him grab the knife and throw it away, "But... my passport and everything I had saved up, it's all gone... how am I supposed to see them again?"

"I'll help you make it right." he wrapped his arm around her and tugged her into a hug, hiding her eyes from the sight of the knife laying on the floor.