03. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗦𝗘

"Well, it looks like the trail has gone cold... No point in wasting our time for any more clues." Teo dismissively muttered, rolling his eyes while he leaned back and stared at the road, tapping his foot impatiently. The man seemingly heeds not his words and carries on with his now personal task of finding a missing person.

The sun had vanished, casting their surroundings in a darkly glow. 

"What do you make of a pro-hero kidnapping a civilian? I say it's interesting news, could cause an uproar but it would certainly be entertaining. Don't you agree?" smirked teo after putting his thoughts to rest to witness the old man counter with unforgettable words he could use to probe the man's anger later on.

"Entertaining for people like you." Cameron kept it simple and flashed him a smug smile, "unlike you, some people don't want their peace to be ruined. Couldn't agree with ya there." He finished.

"Aren't you friendly Mr Cameron, I was just trying to share my opinion and it seems like it pricked you in the wrong way." shot back teo, annoyed with the man's sudden hurtful jabs.

"Haha, is that so? Okay then, why don't you just shut up and sit quietly, won't be my fault for crashing into a tree and killing ya." chuckled he and took a sharp turn, prompting the young rookie to slam himself unto the door, grumbling and glaring at his partner while he recoiled.

"You sure you can be so reckless? Old man, you got a bad temper. It's pissing me off." spat teo with a grim frown, furrowed eyebrows, and pursing his lips, displeased with being told off to behave like a dog pet.

"You certainly look to be the cause of it."

"Me? Look who's talking, you started it." 

"And I'm finishing it." The car came to a swift halt, Cameron stepped out of the vehicle shortly after making the statement. Forcing the young man to groan and do the same scowling, closely following behind his senior and glaring childishly. "You should perhaps get ahold of your anger, you are gonna get us killed, or kidnapped. We are allowing ourselves to be easy targets, you do know why we are here, right? To find the missing person and not to get lost."

Teo tried his hand at taunting the old man whilst they trek amongst the howling wind and ghostly trees, sneaking a quick peek at the phantom third person behind him, slightly astonished to find his partner navigating without a proper source of light, "You took me out here to kill me, am I right?" Although his voice indicated no sense of dread, he sure couldn't starve off his nervousness. 

"Kid, would a famous detective risk his reputation and career for a pity crime?" retorted him, moving his face over his shoulder to spy an agitated boy picking up his pace. 

"Well... when you put it that way, I guess not. But who knows what goes through your mind? For all I know, you could be leading me straight into a trap." fearfully narrated teo and stared with wide eyes. At last, the mature of the two put a stop to their conversation, and said, "Suit yourself, got no time to convince you."

The two went on their uncertain roads with different notions, teo tensely searched the area and in a distance, to his surprise, found a dully-illuminated house isolated and far away from the public eyes, he called out to his elder handpicking mysterious objects rooted in the mud, shouting, "Mr Cameron, there's a house over here!" 

"And you are sure you are not seeing things?" 

"Then why don't get your old ass over here and see." 

Cameron walked over grumpy and stomping, leaning in towards the destination, he observed it, "oh." He spoke, "guess you do have proper eyes." He grinned at the male turning his body towards him, a sinister gleam glowing on the man's face.