05. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗘

There's some distant muttering she can hear, she shouldn't be hearing anything after she led herself to her doom, it feels like a fever dream when she opens her eyes, she can't make sense of things and they're so familiar her heartbeat picks up, she can't be back to the place she's escaped in the world, she's not supposed to be drawing a strained breath, she's not supposed to be here again.

She's not dead.

She can truly hear someone talk, but they are far and the voice of her bully is within earshot, he's talking to someone and she doesn't know who.

She's gotta try her best again.

Gently plucking the syringe out of her hand, she looks at her bruised hands, no longer clean as she remembers, they're not the same... And she's not the same, she can not run when she cannot sit up without a scream or two, puffing out air from her mouth she pulled up her shirt, just to see bandages covering her waist, she couldn't resist her heightened emotions and soon, tears gathered in her eyes.

Her faint groaning had gained the attention of the blonde, seeing the two detectives off, who managed to hear her as well spoke up, "Your fiance must be up." Cameron tried to look behind him, but the man simply hummed and hurried to change the subject.

She did not have the energy to sit up.

Trying to leave her bully had become physically taxing, she'd had to come to terms with having a scar for everything she did, if she wanted to leave, putting her well-being aside was essential. Or else, she'd have no chance of seeing her parents again.

Everything she's going to do will have a price, she realized, and desperation will fuel her.

"Yeah, yeah alright, just go home to your wives already, I have my fiance to take care of." katsuki urged, moving back from the door.

"I'll have you know I'm not married yet!"

The door slammed back into its place and the lock settled in, whoever had come was no longer around and that leaves her alone with her bully again, how many more incidents are to occur till she was finally set free?

Her injuries will slow her down, and it does as she slowly lies down, relieving her pain with anxious thoughts and shut eyes. Lucky for her, he moves into the kitchen and allows her some mental space to think. Darting her eyes across the room she's come to hate, no sharp objects or anything left in the room that she could use. There's a chair beside her, and she is sure he's been watching her sleep.

She needs to get her hands on a phone. His phone could do the trick if only he'd leave it around her, and her reaction time will be slower and she'll get caught before she calls anyone.

There's a slight ruckus coming from outside her room, and neither can she hide or defend herself, she could only hope to talk her way through problems.

She's done a grave mistake.

She should have thought through her options.

She bit her lips tight and glanced at the open door, something so odd about it that she couldn't direct her gaze elsewhere, perhaps seeing closed doors unlocked had gotten strange, and if she could bolt for it, she could still escape.

The pain won't let her, at least for the time being. Forced to retreat and strategize for a better chance, and she'd take it, her first cannot be her last. She's gotta keep trying, like izuku.

"Why are you crying?" she knew he was coming, his footsteps had only gotten louder, and she couldn't be bothered to swallow down her tears.

"Maybe because you saved me." she choked out, bringing her hand up to wipe her cheek, "I should have been out of this house, and never had to see you."