04. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗖𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧

He had to get those windows fixed.

He only remembers them upon entering his house and finding the place mixed up and ravaged, the vase she threw at him still in pieces along with the dust. It is fortuitous that nobody knows he lives here, at least not those who can harm him or her. The morning had arrived and she was able to be discharged as promised.

Nurses roamed the room she was kept in, locked in. Preparing everything that needed to be done whilst his sweetheart slept peacefully even with the slight ruckus around her, defenceless she was, barely knowing that she returned to the place she ran away from.

"Excuse me, sir, we will come every day to check up on her, here is the list of things you must do, and the daily dose of medicine for her." She quickly mumbled and handed him a paper, shortly joining her other friend walking away from him and out the front door.

Now greeted with pure silence, his thoughts festered and accompanied him to the kitchen, providing himself with a glass of water and gulping it down, then he looked at her room, the door wasn't shut and he could see her laying on the bed, breathing, suffering the consequences of her actions.

Perhaps he shouldn't have left that tiny opportunity for her to use and escape, he better contact the owner and have everything done again, this time with full confidence she could not escape even if she tried.

However, how is he going to cover up the original story? A thief attempted to enter and struggle pursued, or he simply couldn't handle his temper and lashed out at the poor objects. Both options seemed sensible.

Fishing out his phone from his pockets and searching for his contacts, he soon found what he was looking for and brought it up to his ear, staring at her whilst he waited for the person on the other side to pick up.

"Hello?" Came a stern voice, and katsuki rushed to the chase, replying, "send someone over to fix the damn windows, someone fucking broke them while I was out."

The man was confused, and said, "sure? Those glasses were expensive, you gotta pay for them."

"Yeah yeah, just get them fixed." Katsuki chastised and hang up the call, carelessly throwing his phone on the counter and groaning, "you just had to do it, didn't you." Katsuki muttered glaring at her sleeping form in the other room.

"And here I was, thinking that day could have been our special day." He smiled to himself, a tinge of grief latched on his grin as he made his way to the sofa and dropped onto it, for a moment, he stared at the ceiling then he straighten himself to hold his head in his hands to lessen the effects of his thoughts.

He was supposed to be happy. And she should have been happy with him, but she just had to go and run away from him like he was going to hurt her, in the end, she only hurt herself and the blame fell on her. It was solely her fault.

A knock at the foot alerts katsuki.

Snapping his head towards it, he gets up and briskly walked towards the entrance, without looking to see who it was, he unbolted the door and swung it wide open, irritated with whoever was bound to be at the portico, he glared at the two men standing tall in front of him, men in suits and hats, katsuki scowled, "is it Halloween for you or what?" His displeasure was clear as the sunny day outside, but he wasn't one to fear the aftermath.

"We are from the police department, we are here on a search warrant to investigate a missing girl who was last heard on a 911 call." The eldest of the two inaugurated, holding a batch of proof, "we would like to ask you a few questions." The detective's stolid grey eyes darted to katsuki's slightly open eyes.

"So it is her. Aoi..." Izuku thought out loud, his eyes glued to the documents on his clean desk.

'She was in my class, and she for some reason didn't like [Y/N], I remember seeing them arguing, could it be somehow connected to [Y/N]? Could she be in danger?'

Izuku pressed his lips together, attempting to make sense of things in his mind, he leaned forward reaching out for his phone and finding his chats with her, last seen and read a couple of weeks ago, not finding anything out of the blue, not a secret code or a call for help, he tapped his finger at the call icon.

But instantly it didn't connect, nor did it ring.

He found his heart beating faster than usual, and everything around him didn't seem to matter while his thoughts ran wild and all he could focus on were unpleasant notions, she would have received his calls no matter what. Then he checked his call log, drifting past numerous missed and received calls, and he stumbled across her name. He feels a sense of dread wash over him.

She had called him. Twice.

He should have picked it up.

"Mr bakugo, how long have you been here?" Cameron asked as he and teo inspected the house, katsuki quickly replied, "just a few months." If he was going to lie, he'd have to do it seamlessly.

He unclenched his fist, eyeing the two men from the corner of his eye, "I see, would you have happened to see anything unusual near the convenience store?" Katsuki froze for a minute recollections of what he did flashing before his eyes. He had broken her phone so how did they hear anything?

This has to be a trick he surmised.

"No, I haven't seen anything unusual around here."

And he even made sure those couples didn't open their mouths. If they desired to save their skin.

"Have you by chance seen anyone running away from these woods?" The detective questioned again, glancing back at the blonde standing behind him.

"I'm barely home most of the time, I'll be on patrol day and night, so I can't help much."

Teo stopped at the sight of the broken window, bewildered rather than shocked katsuki noticed. "And how did this happen?" He asked, strangely he felt like they knew something he didn't know. He paused, before saying, "someone tried to break into my house while I was rushing my fiance to the hospital." He answered without a stutter, strongly observing the changes in both men.

"And you didn't report it to the police?" Teo inquired once more, raising his eyebrows and staring at him. "She just got discharged today, I wasn't home until today, I only got to know about it when I returned home." Katsuki spits out, infuriated with the incursion of his privacy, furrowing his eyebrows he glared at the boy.

"How is your fiance now?" Cameron implored after viewing the bitter look on katsuki's face, sensing the blonde harbouring the least good of intentions.

"She's on bed rest, she can't move around until she's all healed up." He uttered, a cold tone to his voice, Cameron noticed how stiff he got when the mention of his fiance comes up.

"I see, I hope she gets well soon."

Katsuki hummed, his red eyes still on teo who carried on examining each and everything in his house.

"And where's your fiance again?" Teo looked up, and met with the narrowed eyes of the blonde, "I do hope we can question her once she gets better if you dont mind."

Cameron glared with widened eyes silently mouthing curses under his breath, knowing he should have left the insensitive rookie in the car and gone with his lonesome self.

"Sure," Katsuki said.

Cameron's expression altered, staring at the blonde confused by the sudden change in attitude. He glanced back to the broken window, and truly he found something was wrong.

If someone were to break in from outside, wouldn't the glass shards be scattered across the place, but not a single piece of glass was shining on the floor? He knew for sure, most of it was outside.

This means someone was trying to break it from the inside, and not from the outside as the blonde suggested.

Someone was trying to break out of the house.

At any cost.