014. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗜 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣

"Mom told me they'd come next month..." She was recalling the sentences, reciting them to izuku who listened, letting her take time and space to tell him everything.

Her room was quiet for a while, the lights in the hallway casting a dull hue in the darkness, it was enough to see each other's faces and the numb expression on her face dictating what was stirring inside, however, she felt no need to take her eyes off her hands yet.

"That means... They'll know about my pregnancy, and-and... What am I supposed to do? After today, I'm sure they'll abandon me, after what my sister did I doubt they could trust me." she hung her head low and brought her hands up to cover her face, "They'll know... I'll have to listen to them every single day recounting what happened, why..."

"I just wanna be free from everyone..." Her body curled in further, izuku didn't know how to comfort her with the problems at hand how she'd gotten unstable as days went on and on, and how he was worried about her mental state, picking a route to tackle everything at once seemed impossible. So he took a tiny step forward.

"Everything will be okay, you have to tell them everything, what happened isn't your fault and they should know that." he set his hand on her shoulder, smiling softly when she stopped sobbing, and peered up at his face, "I'll help you, all the way till the end, it's going to be alright." she lifted her head high looked him in the eye, and her lips trembled.

"I wanna believe you..." she muttered, hanging her head low again, "but I can feel it in my guts that something bad is gonna happen again, it's either my parents or... Katsuki." she leaned in close and breathed out, "I don't know why but I feel like I'm going crazy every time I think about him, he has to know that I'm alive and he's just waiting for the right chance to pounce!!"

Something about the way she spoke changed after mentioning her tormentor, he deemed it must have been fear influencing her but her frantic movement and speech all pointed to a different perspective. She was about to tumble down a dark road. That could not be good for the child or her.

He had to do something.

"Calm down, he can't know where you are." he tried to be logical, he tried to reassure with the softest tone he could muster but when she seized his arm in her dense grasp he could see her facial muscles distorted into something he'd only seen on desperate and dying villains. In each second, her voice becomes more and more breathless.

"No- you don't know understand- he had a tracking device connected to me when I tried to escape! He knew exactly where to find me when I used my quirk, he knew where I went and- and, I ended up back from where I started! If only he let me die in that accident, this wouldn't be happening!!" She glanced at the windows in her room, almost as if she were expecting to be ambushed anytime. Turning her widened eyes back to him, she breaks.

"I can't take this anymore... I don't want to live worrying every day when he realizes I didn't die in that hellhole and you came to save me, he'll... Never let me go again."

"You can't give up so easily [Y/N]..."

"I know..." she cried out. "I- I don't know how to deal with things anymore." She threw her hand up to wipe away the angry tears sweeping down one of her cheeks, her lips quivering, and if he comprehended anything from watching victims suffer, he knew things were dire.

"I get it, it's not easy but I can help, you gotta tell me everything from the beginning. What happened that night?" the best place to start was to gather information, needing to help without a plan just wouldn't help in most cases. He needed to be decisive for her.

She looked down, held her hand, almost as if trying to console herself and digging nails into her skin, and then she stopped moving, he could sense she was preparing herself to tell him everything that went down, knowing it wasn't going to be easy for her, he waited.