07. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗗

"Mr. Cameron, what the hell just happened? Did our case just get dropped because of a measly hero?!" Teo whisper-yelled following behind the fleeting man walking to the exit, "I can't believe you hero fanatics would shut down a case for being mildly related to a hero?! That's just stupid! Corruption is right where we work!" The old man ceased his steps and turned around to grip Teo's shoulder.

"Shut up rookie! Unless you want someone to hear you, I say we carry on the case regardless, without any warrants we will be playing it safe but slow. A disadvantage, but we could figure something out."

"Figure something out?! Like what? Getting thrown into jail for illegally breaking into a shop?"

Cameron rolled his eyes and sighed, moving back from the young man and approaching the stairs, leaving without another word.

Is he paranoid? Has he gotten so fixated on the danger to think everything isn't safe?

Despite it, he wanted to check and be confident she was okay, she wasn't in trouble she was just neglecting him for valid reasons, when he told kacchan that she wasn't home he hadn't known her address nor where she lived, but now that he's ripped out information he has to go on to inspect.

But if she wasn't...

He stopped himself from moving further and looked at her home, it omitted unsettling energy even with the lively commotion of chirping birds and breeze, occasional cars drove by but the area was as empty as it was vibrant.

Shaking off gloaming thoughts and preparing himself to see her face, he rang the doorbell and stood by.

His worse concerns were answered. She wasn't home. Nothing was heard from inside and nothing moved to open the door for him. Forcing out a breath, he walked along the windows, feeling like a stalker wandering and prying into someone's life, but he repressed negativity and peered inside the tiny gap behind curtained windows.

Her place looked normal, nothing had been moved as far as he could see, getting inside meant breaking in, and he didn't want to scare her if this wasn't anything to worry about.

Stopping at her backdoor he tried knocking on it too, glancing back and forth to study the withered plants and vegetables, wild grass gradually building up and the soil devoid of any shoe prints. With no luck, and desperation filling up he even tapped on the windows and called out her name.

Still, he got nothing in return.

"So that's what happened. I went to her house and she didn't answer the door, hasn't been picking up her phone, nor texted me back." Izuku recounted the events before bringing himself to the police, hoping to file a case for his friend. "is it possible to--"

"Oh yes! We will try our best to find your missing friend Mr. Deku, you can rest easy,"

"Are you sure you don't need any other information?"

"Yes! Yes! We don't need anything else in fact- I think you should go home and forget this ever happened because finding your friend now will be near to impossible."

His face changed along with his tone, dropping his big smile and going back to the gloomy appearance of a stressed man, "You should have come sooner, Mr. Hero, cases like these usually don't get solved, cause the person either ran away or they stepped into a hole and died."

"That's a little too early to say, right?" izuku raised his eyebrows, "I just came in with this info."

"Yeah, whatever, all I know is that I'm not gonna file a case for it and you can help yourself, besides it's what you heroes are good for. Saving." he spits out.