020. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗟𝗔𝗣

She sat up.

And crawled to her mom, turning her over and tapping her cheek, "Wake up..." she whispered faintly, her voice screeching like a broken record, like a ghost wailing. Gently scooping her up from the ground, she tried shaking her and when she didn't move, her heart started pounding against her chest and she didn't need to know why she had started crying.

"... No..."

"I need you to protect me... Wake up." Her lips trembled and she began shuddering, all her thoughts came to a halt.

Her eyes were wide open, and it looked like she struggled to draw in her last breath, she should have come down sooner, she let her die. She was a coward.

"Don't do this to me..." she clasped her closer, hoping she'd feel her breathing against her skin but she felt nothing, her body stayed limp. "No. Come on... I need you. Don't leave me."

She didn't know what to do. Her mind was blank, and Katsuki was right behind her. She felt hopeless, everything hurt, and the fact that she let her mother be strangled dug a hole in her stomach.

"Wake up."

It was unbearable.

She wiped off her tears and took out her phone, she could call an ambulance and maybe they could help her, maybe she was alive, maybe she was just sleeping, maybe she should just die. She shook her head, unlocking her phone and profusely trying to remember the number she needed to dial.

But, Katsuki snatched her device away and looked down at her, "You're not calling anyone." he let her know, throwing the mobile far away from her, she released a shaky breath, of course, he wouldn't let her do anything. Even try to call for help. She held onto her mother, she didn't want to let go, and she didn't want her to die, but the reality was cruel.

She needed to do something.

Picking herself up she turned to the blonde and stared at him, she'd started with a vengeance, and she would end it with revenge.

Katsuki approached her and tried to hold her hand, but she pushed it away instantly, "Don't..." he spoke watching her face.

He didn't know when to give up, not until he got what he wanted.

He gripped her shoulders when his advances were rejected, gazing deep into her eyes, he mused, "You... Were all I could think of." he pulled her in, towards him, forcing her head to rest against his chest, his heart beating fast.

"Your mom would have made you pick another man... I don't want anyone else to take my place. Don't you see that?"

She kept pushing, she kept resisting, she kept hating him, "I'm so tired of you, your pride, your ego, your obsession with victory."

"Maybe take a loss for once!" she cried out.

She shoved him off her and took a step back, quickly moving away when he attempted to close the distance between them again, "Don't touch me." she warned as she moved back, "You touch me, you won't see me ever again."

That made him stop, and glare at her, "I won't let you out of my sight." he snarled, narrowing his eyes and standing stiff. "You have no other option but to come to me." He continued, "There can't be a no."

"You killed them." She spits out, scrunching her nose and wearing a grimace, "You'd be a fool to think that--"

She heard a car outside. She held her breath and trained her eyes on him. Was izuku outside?

Then...

All she needed was a plan to get out and make it to Izuku. "You know what, I think you deserve to know something," she muttered, and gently shifted her legs forward.