Moments (REVISED)

Her gaze seemed a bit suspicious to me, but her facial expression showed safety to be around and awareness that I wouldn't hurt any of them. As she noticed no response was coming from me, she turned around to face the boys.

"Did the cat eat his tongue?" she raised an eyebrow.

"What are you going to teach me?"

"How to be a fast, trustworthy business man. It's kind of important." she said while she walked around me, checking me out. Sorry sweetie, I don't swing that way.

"Business?"

"Drugs, weed, crack, you need to learn how to use them and how to sell them. I'll teach you how to sell them." she said, smiling. "Have you been with Kevin?"

"We got along, let's say." I said while smiling at Kevin.

"You seem very confident of yourself."

"I am."

"Aren't you afraid of slipping up?" she asked while Alex and Kevin passed their hands on her body, but she didn't seem to care.

"No." I glanced at Scott, still checking his phone. Rude. "Are you the alpha one?"

"Scott is. There's number two though, but he isn't here..."

"Who is it?"

"It's Ben. But he prefers being called Vogel." she raised her eyebrow again. "He's not one to play with."

"Neither am I."

"Good." she smiled. "Now, let's hit the city. We need to make some... changes." she looked at me from the bottom to the top. I'm guessing she meant my clothes.

"What... what kind of changes?" I said, slightly glancing at Scott.

"Calm down, you said you weren't afraid."

******

We arrived at the universal store, thank God. That store was always a favorite of mine because it had Givenchy, Versace, Comme des Garçons, Acne Studios and Loewe all in one place. And I'm glad she brought me here: if she was considering making me wear some $1 shirt with terrible fabric, she was damn well mistaken.

Esther pulled me to get inside the booth as I tried some brand new clothes.

For a minute I felt like a common teenager, going shopping for new clothes with his friends. In this case, friend. And I'm guessing a really wealthy one as well, since she said she'd pay for everything.

After a few minutes of putting on-taking out, we had chosen a few shirts, two leather jackets, loads of blazers and a pair of black jeans.

Right afterwards we moved to accessories: sunglasses, bracelets, necklaces, scarfs, beanies. Even snapbacks. Anything that would conceal my identity was a go.

In 4 hours she had everything she needed, she didn't even ask for my opinion. She didn't need it though, I liked the clothes. She paid everything with a card and we left, with a billion bags each. We put the bags in the trunk of her car and we got inside, driving back to Scott's house.

"Can I. Can I ask you something?" I asked to which she replied with a low "uhum" sound. "Did you... like, did you have sex with Kevin when you were new in the gang?" she giggled.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because I almost had to."

"Not only with him, sweetie." my head quickly turned to face her, I was surprised. "I've rode everyone in there. Well, not Avi. It felt weird, for some reason." I didn't know what to think of that but the first thing that came to my mind was Scott.