Things. - Third from Last (REVISED)

******

I woke up swearing at Mike's horrible alarm clock, but I quickly got up and ended up dropping the pack of cigarettes that had slept with me on the floor. I heard a knock on the door and murmured "come in", my voice still pitched down from sleeping.

"Sorry, I forgot to deactivate the alarm clock." Mike entered the room and sat next to me. "Did you sleep well?" he asked me, smiling as I moved the hair away from my face.

"I needed to sleep well. Today is the day." I got up smiling and I went straight to the bathroom. I've been really sleepy lately, being worried possesses me each day that passes and I always feel a knot on my throat. I took a bath and got dressed, but when I left the bathroom Mike wasn't there anymore, so I went downstairs. "Why didn't you wait for me?" I asked, sitting down at the breakfast table and grabbing a slice of bread.

"Don't you think it's a bit dangerous what you're doing?" he stared with a worried face, a bit more worried than before. "Mitch, it's too dangerous for you... when you were with Scott it was a lot easier because he'd protect you." I rolled my eyes and didn't stare back at him. "Honey, I know you're not afraid, but I am for you." he shyly smiled.

"Michael, I'm doing this for Scott, for the guys, to show them that I can be one of them; that I'm not afraid... like I want to show since the beginning." I got up and grabbed my gun, making him shiver. "Calm down..." I laughed at his nervous face and placed the gun on my belt.

"You might die." he whispered.

"Not before I do what I want to." I winked. "Don't worry... it'll happened by night, you don't have to be scared." I raised an eyebrow.

"You don't get it now... but you'll get it later." he quickly said while I opened the door, closing it afterwards and looking at him.

"Explain." I said. "Why do you always say weird things like that?" sometimes the fact Mike kept trying to interfere with my life annoyed the living crap out of me.

"I'm scared, Mitch. I don't want you to lose your mind, do some crazy shit and end up losing your life." he said, looking at me.

"No need to be scared, you didn't give me life." I murmured and opened the door again.

"MITCH..." he yelled and I turned around. He took a deep breath and looked at me, rolling his eyes. "Yo-you're right, sorry for interfering." I smiled at him and went straight to the house.

"Good morning." I said, opening the door and seeing Anthony and Audrey almost eating each other on the couch. "Great morning, maybe." I smiled and Anthony looked at me, bored. "Where are the others?"

"Jose left to buy smokes and the guys are in the garage with a little surprise." Audrey said, putting her hair in a ponytail. I nodded and ran towards the garage, remembering my lessons with Avi.

"What's going on?" I entered and stared at the person I needed most in that moment: the only one (besides Scott) that understood me and the one I missed the most. Again, besides Scott. "Oh my God, Esther!!" I ran towards her and hugged her. She hugged me back, I was surprised: I thought she hated me, to be honest.

"Calm down, Mitch..." she let me go, smiling and staring at me. "WOW! You changed a lot." she said, taking a good look at me. "They were talking about it, but I didn't believe it, I thought you went back to the Palace." she smiled. "Look at you: tattoos, dark teal hair... you look even hotter that before." she laughed and I rolled my eyes.

We both looked at the guys, signaling them to leave us and, as they left, Connor closed the door behind him.

"How are they?" I asked, sitting on one of the mattress and she sat with me.