~CHAPTER 43~

~Elsa~

It was Tooth who I told my idea to. Tooth who had informed the rest of her family. Tooth who had somehow managed to get Jack away from the house on Thanksgiving Day, which his birthday fell on this year.

At first, I wasn't going to plan a secret surprise birthday because of the holiday, but I thought I should at least get a second opinion, which I chose to be Tooth, and not my sister and cousin. Of course they'd be all for it; they ship Jack and I hardcore. I needed to hear an opinion from someone other than them. And luckily, Tooth was all for it. Thankfully, the rest of the family was as well.

Especially Principal North. Last week–the week before Thanksgiving Break–he would secretly speak with me about the plan and if there were any changes. I must admit, while North can indeed be intimidating and scary when provoked, he really is a genuine softy with a kind, adorable heart.

The plan though is pretty simple. While everyone and myself get everything ready at North's house, Rapunzel, Merida, and Hiccup will distract Jack by taking him around town in one of our limos.

A part of me had wanted to be the one to distract him for the day. To have it be just him and I. A date. However, since I'm the one who suggested the surprise birthday party, which is being integrated with Thanksgiving dinner as well, it's only right that I am there to put everything together. (And to make sure no one messes up on anything or to fix it if they do).

But as I stood in North's living room, putting up decorations with Jack's mom and the others, I found myself nervously sweating and regretting this whole idea. I've never met his mother before until now. She's very nice, a lovely woman, but good Lord I'm so afraid I'm going to say or do the wrong thing. What if she secretly hates me? She's barely spoken to me this whole time! Is she reserved like me? Is that why she's not so talkative? Lord knows her children (Jack's siblings) are. What all had Jack or his siblings said to her about me? Good things I hope.

I wonder if he's told her about me distancing myself from him and giving him the silent treatment lately? Is she angry with me? Does she not approve of me for her son? Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

I shake my head, getting rid of these thoughts, and focus on my task. Breathe, Elsa. Breathe. The last thing that needs to happen is me having a panic attack in front of everyone. Especially his mother.

I just hope that she'll be okay with what I plan on doing. If I do it, that is. I might chicken out, but as of right now, I'm determined to make it happen.

My talk with Marianne two weeks ago helped me finally decide my verdict on what I'm officially going to do with Jack, but the following days after our talk in the music room, I had still remained silent and distant from him. Why? Well, I didn't know how to exactly approach him, no timing seemed right, and since I knew his birthday was coming up I thought a surprise party would be the perfect way to say "I'm sorry. I'm ready now. I'm helplessly in love with you."

I just hope I'm not too late. I hope he hasn't given up on me. It's only been a couple of weeks, just a handful of days, but anything could have happened in his mind for him to just say: "Maybe I'm wasting my time. Maybe she isn't for me. Maybe I should move on".

I don't know what I'd do if that happened.

"Moana and Maui are on the way with the cake!" Anna shouts from the kitchen, where she's helping cook.

Good. Once the cake is here, everything should be ready to go. "Okay," I call back as I tape one of the decorations up on the fireplace, "Remind me to text Rapunzel as soon as they're here."

I wonder how it's going for her...

~Rapunzel~

"You know," I say as I examine the four of us, and the instruments displayed on the wall, "I think we'd be a pretty good band. We can be called..." I pause to think of a name. "The Big Four!"