~CHAPTER 24~

Elsa's POV

.

.

.

Soft.

His lips are so soft.

And warm.

And wet.

But not in a gross way.

God, no this isn't gross at all.

It's heaven.

Pure, 100% bliss.

As soon as our lips met, my brain crashed. Everything crashed. All except my lips, which moved against his with a mind of their own. Granted, I was extremely shocked and frozen the first few seconds, but...I don't know. I think nature took over because before I even knew it, I'm accepting it, gladly kissing him back

Hard.

Because while his lips are soft, our kiss isn't.

It's hard and passionate and hungry. So very hungry. I never knew I was starving for his lips until I got a taste of them. And they taste so good. So fucking good. So good in fact that when I felt his hands remove themselves from my face, moving to my shoulders, and felt him begin to pull away, I put my own hands on his face to keep him in place.

Not yet. Oh god, not yet. Just a little more. Please.

And Jack gave that to me until I couldn't handle it anymore. He slid his hands back up to cup my cheeks and kissed me like his life depended on it. Unfortunately, kissing him is what is currently ending my life because my lungs are on fire. And yet...my lips burn even more.

And when we finally pull apart, we're both panting, and staring at each other in utter disbelief because...wow. Did that seriously just happen? He knew what he was doing though, so why is he so shocked? Did he think I wouldn't kiss back? I'm the one who is shocked. I just don't know if it's because he kissed me or because of how quickly and intensely I kissed him back.

I remove my hands from his face and rest them against his chest, sheepishly looking at my hands while I say: "You kissed me." I didn't mean to state the obvious because DUH he knows that, but my brain isn't really working right to process the right words.

I expected Jack to boastfully smirk, but instead he smiles happily, showing his perfectly white teeth, and moves his hands to wrap themselves around my waist. "And you kissed me back."

"I can't believe you did that," I whisper, smiling through my shocked and shy expression.

Jack unwraps one arm and brings his hand up to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "I can't believe you returned it." He whispers back and there's just something about his low voice that sends shivers down my spine. Or maybe it's his fingers as they brush against my ear and trace my jawline.

"Neither can I." I say, leaning into his touch. I licked my lips then, which causes me to look down at his as well, and while I want to go for round two, I need answers first. Because good God I am confused. "Why did you do that?"

The goofy smile on his face falls at my seriousness. "I...well...usually when a guy kisses a girl it's because he likes her." He closes his eyes and sighs while turning his head away, his face blushing madly. He'll never be as red as me though.

"I've liked you since the moment I first laid my eyes on you." He turns his gaze back to me, blue eyes locking with blue eyes. "Back when we were 10 years old. Back when you didn't know me as the boy whose father died saving your sister. Back when you only knew me as the boy who was covered from head to toe in coats and scarves. Who wanted to make you laugh when he saw your lonely figure against the wall."