~CHAPTER 2~

Today is the day. I want to get it over with, but I also don't want to leave. My mansion, more specifically my room, has been my home for years, and now...I'm being thrust into a new world. A world that has always been there. A world I don't want to be a part of. I know it's not forever, just ten months, but ten months is still a very long time.

Which is why I am currently standing outside on my balcony, taking my last few pictures of the scenery below. I had already taken pictures of everything else hours before. I saved the best, the garden below me, for last, and now as I stare at the picture...I can see that it's nothing compared to the real thing. I'm going to miss it.

I looked at my surroundings one last time before I turned around and walked back inside my bedroom, closing the balcony doors behind me. As I did this, I heard a knock on the door.

"Miss Elsa?" A maid asked from the other side. "Your bags are packed in the limo, and your parents are waiting for you."

"I'll be right there." I say and watch her shadow from under the door walk away. I look around my large room one more time before walking to my door. I grip the doorknob, and take a deep breath in.

You can do this, Elsa. You can do this.

I open up the door and made my way downstairs. At the end of the staircase, I saw Anna hugging mama and papa. They hugged her back and said their goodbyes and love. I wanted so desperately to be a part of that hug, but knew it would be too weird. I haven't hugged my parents in so long. I don't even remember the last time I hugged them. I wish I never pushed them away like I did with Anna, Rapunzel, and Olaf. I haven't seen or spoken to Olaf in six years. I hope life is treating him well.

When I make it to the bottom of the stairs, Anna was done hugging our parents and was heading out the door, sneaking a quick glance at me. I thought nothing of it as I greeted my parents. "Mother, father," I say in the formal tone I've always greeted them in.

"Elsa," Papa greeted with the nod of his head.

"Do you have everything?" Mama asked. Her eyes were red with tears, which made mine begin to sting. I already cried earlier. I do not need to start again, especially in front of them. I need to be strong. I need to conceal my emotions. Conceal, don't feel.

"Yes, I do," I reply, and without meaning to, I blurt, "Do I have to go?"

Mama and Papa both sigh, and it was mama who answered me. "Elsa, this'll be a great experience for you."

I never talk back unless I'm desperate...which I am. "But I'm not so sure this is such a good idea. I mean, what if-"

"You'll be fine, Elsa," Papa interrupts, reassuringly. "Try to be more like your sister. This is the most I've ever seen her excited." Mama nods in agreement.

But I'm not her. I can't even try to be like her.

I knew there was no point in arguing. The time has come, and there's nothing I can do about it. With pursed lips, I nodded in 'understanding', and walked out the door without saying 'goodbye', 'I love you', or giving them a hug. One of our butlers was holding the limo door open for me and I hesitantly climbed inside. Anna sat in front of the food bar, munching on some snacks, while I sat right next to the door I entered from. She said nothing to me as she munched away, and I said nothing to hear as I listened to her loud crunching. It hasn't even been a minute yet and things are already awkward. Great.

I look outside the window as the limo starts and watched as mama and papa stood on the marble steps of our porch, talking to each other. They then turn their attention back to the limo as it drives away. I then suddenly jump out of my skin when Anna suddenly shouts.