~CHAPTER 33~

~Elsa POV~

Telling Stoick and Tamora about what happened was easier than I thought it would be, though it still disturbed me some, but Anna and Rapunzel held my hands throughout the entirety of my story, giving me comfort and strength. As I spoke, Tamora wrote everything down on a small notepad, while Stoick gave me his full attention.

He spoke to me with gentleness, which honestly surprised me because I was not expecting him to be so soft spoken. His appearance gave off a being of loudness, and perhaps that's still true. Perhaps he's a gentlemen only with children and females, especially those who have gone through events like I had.

The same can be said for Tamora. She was just as kind and assuring like Stoick, and the last thing she said to me really set my nerves to rest.

"We'll catch the sick son of a bitch," she had said, smiling a jolly smile that some might see as creepy, "He'll get what he deserves."

And I liked the sound of that. I liked her confidence. It sent a huge wave of relief to wash over me. If the whole Precinct is full of cops like her and Stoick, then there's nothing for me to worry about. They're going to catch Hans soon and everything is going to be fine.

I'm refusing to think otherwise.

Because now that Anna knows the truth, I'm officially and fully free and I'm not going to let anything ruin this last chance for me to be with her.

Not even my own thoughts.

But...that's easier said than done.

I've got to try though.

Hiccup and Astrid stayed after their caretakers left, chatting and making me laugh; Astrid ended up face-timing Merida, who wished me a quick recovery and promised to visit the next day. Eventually though, everyone who wasn't family had to leave. I genuinely felt sad to see them go, especially Jack, but they all promised to return the next day and the fact that I had another day to see them, another gift, well it made me overwhelmingly happy.

I had nodded as I swallowed back happy tears. "Okay, I'll see you all tomorrow. Please stay safe."

And when they left, Anna did not hesitate in snuggling up next to me. "You look tired. Are you sleepy?"

And of course, that had conjured up a yawn from me. "A little bit," I had said, "but I've already been asleep for too long. I don't want to miss out on anymore."

My sister nodded. "Agreed," she had said, "but you also need to stay awake because Dr. Stone and Lake will be coming to check on you."

And sure enough, minutes later, they did. However, before their arrival my family and I were in a deep discussion about the secrets that were revealed moments before, the shock, the relief, the disbelief...Anna said it's going to take her a while to get it fully wrapped around her head.

Same here.

The conversation then shifted to me bringing up my parents.

According to my aunt and uncle, they both tried contacting them but have received no answers. This has been going on for weeks now, but I pushed the negative thoughts away. They're fine. Everything is okay. They're just going through some technical issues. That's it. That's all.

The checkup with Kristoff's grandfather and Dr. Lake went great, but they had wanted to keep me for another day or two just in case, which everyone agreed with with no hesitation, even myself. It's better to be safe than sorry.

When they left, the only thing to really do was watch TV, and Arianna made sure to avoid all the news channels since I'm apparently one of their top stories at the moment.