~CHAPTER 34~

~Astrid~

I'm no stranger to detention, I've been here many times before, mainly for hitting Snotlout whenever he'd say something vulgar or tried anything on me. Key word: tried. He never gets around to actually doing something because I have him crying in pain before he can. Could I easily get a restraining order on him? Yes, yes I can. But will I? No.

Snotlout is an immature boy who likes showing off, but he's not a predator. He's just really, really annoying.

And so is Chloe, who's the reason why Merida and I are even here in detention.

Actually, it's really Heather's fault that I'm here. If she had just left Merida alone to demolish Chloe, she and I would be home free. But no...Heather decided to attack Merida, so of course, I'm going to protect my friend and attack her right back.

Do I blame Merida at all? Hell fucking no. Chloe deserved it. I just wish it was me who had done it. I've wanted to punch Chloe for years, but because she's the Cheer Captain (which should be my role) I haven't. I like cheering, I like all the sports I do, so starting a fight would be a stupid call.

But like I told North, I only fought Heather because she was trying to hurt Merida. I was protecting my friend, therefore I should get a pardon from any athletic suspension, which he allowed after he watched the video from the library's camera.

Unfortunately, he decided that no athletic suspension would be given to Chloe and Heather too. Just a two hour after school detention for the four of us.

And it was the most boring two hours of my life. North took our phones and spaced us out so we wouldn't pass notes, and even worse he placed Heather directly across from me, so every time I wanted to look out the window, I'd have to look at her too.

The girl who was my first best friend, the girl who betrayed me and broke my heart, the girl who apparently talks to Hiccup once in awhile...

She better stay the fuck away from him.

I wonder what he's doing now. He's probably with his pet wolf Toothless, which I still can't believe. What if he's messaging Heather right now though? He didn't message me. Ugh.

"You okay there, As?" I hear Merida ask, which snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I say as I push open the school doors. The November breeze sent a chill down my spine, but it felt nice, especially since my skin feels really hot.

"You're pretty red," Merida explains, "and you're glaring. You still pissed off?"

Thinking about Heather and Hiccup must have gotten me heated.

"Of course, I'm still pissed," I snap, "God, I hate them so much." And by them I mean Heather and Chloe.

"There was a time when you didn't," Heather's voice calls out from behind us.

Merida and I stop walking to turn around, and to my surprise Chloe wasn't with her.

I hear a growl, but I'm unsure if it's me or Merida. Maybe it was both of us. "What do you want?" Merida asks, and I can't help thinking about when Heather grabbed Merida's hair and pulled.

Fucking bitch.

I ripped out a few of Heather's black strands, but if she ever touches Merida again, or any of my friends, I'm gonna end up shaving off her whole head.

"I'd like to talk with Astrid," she answers, calmly. "Alone."

I see Merida's head turn toward me and I feel her eyes burn into my skin. I kept my eyes locked with Heather's though, my gaze hard and cold. "I'll text you when I get home, Merida."