~CHAPTER 22~

~Astrid~

He left. He fucking left. One minute Hiccup is there with the others and I on the dancefloor, letting his cousin move his noodle arms in a "dancing" manner, and then as soon as Merida gets bored and moves on to me, I see him slip past everyone, going by like an invisible force. However, I was the only one who seemed to have noticed him, and as much as I had wanted to go after him, to ask him what's wrong, I thought against it. He's been stressing me out since the beginning of school and I need a break to relax and let loose.

Also, he and I aren't exactly on good talking terms.

And who's fault is that? Both his and mine. His for being so secretive, and me for being...nosy. Ugh I'm just as bad as Jack.

But can I be blamed? Hiccup is being so weird! This has been going on for weeks. Months! Ever since school started back in late August. I've tried minding my business after catching him sneaking out one night, but the more these robberies have been happening, the more suspicious Hiccup becomes.

I would have gotten an answer too if the Ferris Wheel ride had lasted longer.

*FLASHBACK TO THE FERRIS WHEEL*

I love roller coasters, but Ferris Wheels? Hell fucking no. Roller coasters go fast. They're over in a minute or two and the speed and wind pressure usually keeps my eyes closed, but Ferris Wheels? Those Wheels of Death take forever! They're so slow and I'm not able to keep my eyes closed for a long time because I get too anxious. Out of all of my senses, I value my sight the most. And not only am I stuck on this god forsaken ride, but I'm also stuck with Merida's cousin.

I have nothing against Hiccup at all. He's awkward as hell, but I do like him. He's not like the other boys. He's not caught up in his looks like Flynn, he's not nosy like Jack, he's not as quiet as Kristoff, he's not a know it all like Bunny, and he doesn't act like he's better than everyone like Eret.

Now I'm not dissing on the other boys, I care for all of them (which they'll never know about), but there's just something about Hiccup that's...different. Ugh I don't know. I can't explain it. He annoys me, but all of the boys in our group do, and honestly, compared to the others, I'm glad I got stuck with him.

I just wish he wasn't so awkward around me. But then again, I did rat him out that one time about him sneaking out. That was an accident though. No one else was supposed to know. It was a lip of the tongue. Completely sloppy on my part. I should have been more careful with that, along with my constant staring. He caught me more than once. Creepy, I know.

So of course, how could he not be awkward around me? I mean he was always awkward because of his crush on me, but after catching me being weird with him (which is ironic since he's the one who's acting weirder than usual) I can understand why he'd be more awkward than normal.

And now that I think about it, me winning him that stuffed dragon probably isn't helping with his awkwardness. I can't imagine what he must be feeling right now, sitting next to his crush who won him a prize and who knows he's up to something. That must be nerve wracking, confusing, and embarrassing. He's not the only one who had a girl win him a prize tonight. The girls and I pretty much kicked the boys' asses, and Flynn and Maui and Jack even took prizes from me that I was giving away. So really there's no need to be embarrassed.

Part of the reason why I even bothered to win Hiccup that dragon was because I felt bad for putting him out on the spot that day in the cafeteria. I wanted to do something nice, which according the Flynn and Jack and Maui and Eret and every other boy that I'm rude to, is something I am incapable of being. Assholes. I also felt bad because the game was an axe throwing game and I knew Hiccup would fail badly and waste his money if he tried. I throw axes as a hobby, heavier and bigger than the ones they had, so it was literally nothing.