~CHAPTER 15~

Detention. I have detention. It didn't really sink in until lunch came around, reminding me of the event that took place just a few hours before. I actually didn't need any reminding since it was all I could think about, and yet it still didn't sink in until now. What would my parents think? What about Aunt Arianna and Uncle Frederick? I hope both couples won't be too angry when they find out. I wasn't just going to let my sister go alone, especially when Mr. Black, the most creepiest man I have ever met, will be supervising it.  

I'm surprised I found the courage to come to her aid in front of him. I never speak in his class--well I hardly speak in all of my classes--but in his class it's because I'm afraid too. He's very unpredictable. You never know when he's going to snap, which he's done before over the littlest things. I'm surprised Kristoff came to her aid too. He didn't have to since Anna was going to take the fall for everyone, and yet he did. Why? Perhaps he's like me, a pretender. Although, lately I've been doing rather well at being...real.

"So did you text my mom or dad yet about yours and Anna's detention?" My cousin says to me while we wait in line to get our lunch.

I was in the middle of fingering the folded up paper that Jack gave me in my pocket when she spoke. I haven't looked at it yet because I wanted to go over it with Jack, and of course I haven't been able to due to our classes. I doubt we'll be able to talk about it in detention too. Unless Mr. Black leaves the room for a long period of time or falls asleep. I can't talk to him during lunch either because he'll be with his group of friends and I'll be with mine. And as much as I don't want to wait, I know I'll have no choice but to wait until I get home to text him.

"I haven't yet," I say with the shake of my head. "Honestly, I'm kind of...afraid."

Rapunzel puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder and says, "Hey, there's no need for that. They'll be shocked, but they won't be mad. None of us did anything wrong. We just lost track of time. Plus, the only reason you're in detention is because you stood up for Anna. I'm ashamed that I didn't. They'll understand."

I nodded because I knew she was right. My own parents however... "I'm just unsure of what my parents will think. I know that what I did was a good thing, but they'll still be disappointed. I'm more afraid that they'll be more disappointed in Anna since technically it was hers and Kristoff's fault for distracting us."

"Yeah, but," Rapunzel starts as she grabs two trays, one for her and one for me. I grabbed mine and start to fill it as we continue down the line. "From the way they keep ignoring my parents' calls, they might not find out about it until a month or so later."

My heart twinges at the reminder of their absent video calls. I know they're very busy, but I also know they have a few hours to themselves once in awhile. Why haven't they called in their free time? I know they need rest too, but...Anna and I are their daughters. Parents should always make time for their children. Maybe something is wrong with their devices? If that's the case, they still could have written a letter. Maybe they have, but it hasn't arrived yet?

"Oh, Elsa, I'm sorry," Rapunzel went on due to me not responding to her. "I didn't mean to make you worry. I'm sure everything is fine. Their business makes them far busier than my parents will ever be. Architecture and Beer. What a weird combo. Am I right?"

She was trying to cheer me up and I cracked a smile for her sake. "Indeed."

A minute later, we're sitting at our table with the rest of our friends. It still blows my mind that I'm friends with Sophomores, people that are younger than me, which there's nothing wrong with. Almost everyone at this school is friends with people from higher or lower classes. Moana, Merida, and Astrid are the absolute greatest, and I'm glad they're friends with Anna too and have classes with her. I can't think of anyone better, but then again I hardly associate myself with anyone else to compare them to.