~CHAPTER 11~

Anna's POV

"Elsa..." That was all I was able to say as I watched my sister walk, or rather ran, away from me, and away from the staring people, which included our friends.

My whole body felt weak, drained from all its energy that came from the anger that exploded within me. Anger that is so rare for me to feel. My body is warm, but my face felt cold as the wind that came into the house through the open windows hit against my tear stained cheeks. My stomach twisted in painful knots at what just happened and at the unknown events that will happen next. Oh my god, what's going to happen next between us? Did I just...did I just ruin things between my sister and I? All I've ever wanted was for us to be close again, and Elsa was right, we were becoming close again, but now...now I think I ruined it again.

Oh my god, what have I done? Is she going to shut me out again? What did I do six years ago that made her shut me out in the first place? What am I going to do now? How can I ever face her again after the horrible things I said to her? They...they were true though. I was being honest. I guess she was too. She said horrible things to me right back.

Am I really being stupid though? For being in love? There's nothing wrong with love at first sight. I've never connected with a boy as quickly as I did with Hans. Actually, I've never connected with any boy ever! Except Olaf, but he was nothing more than a brother to me. He always had such great advice, even when we were children. I wonder what he would say about this. I used to write to him when Elsa first started shutting me out. He told me in his letters that Elsa wrote to him too. Not going to lie, it hurt learning that Elsa ignored me while we were under the same roof, but gave Olaf her attention when he wasn't even there. It wasn't fair.

I was suddenly snapped out of my daze when I saw my cousin follow in the direction that my sister went in. My voice and body worked on their own while my mind was still dazed at the events that had unfolded. "Rapunzel, wait!" I called out as I took off after her; Hans was right behind me.

She stops in her tracks and turns to look at Hans and I. Her gaze lingered on Hans a second longer before she permanently landed her eyes on me. "Don't worry, Anna," she said once we approached her. "I'll try to calm Elsa down. Everything's going to okay."

I nodded, but it was forced. My optimism is decreasing. Oh god, this isn't good at all. "I know, but...don't you think it should be me that goes after her? I started this after all. I should go after her. I should have waited until we were home to tell her the news."

I noticed that she pursed her lips. Is she stopping herself from speaking her mind? Oh god, does she not approve either? "I think..." she starts off, slowly, so she can carefully decide her words. "That for right now, both of you just need to clear your heads and take some time apart to figure things out."

"Yeah, that should be easy," I mumble sarcastically. "We're nearly always apart."

My cousin's face twists into a wince. "Um...look I'll go talk to her first while we go to the hospital, and then you and I can talk later on tonight. Sound good?"

"Hospital?" I repeat, worriedly. "Why are you two going to the hospital? What happened? What's wrong?"

Rapunzel laughs nervously and avoids eye contact as she speaks. "It's a long story. Let's just say a pan was involved. I'll explain everything later. Don't worry though; everything is fine. Just stay here and enjoy the party, okay?"

I nodded again, but like the last time it was forced. "Okay."

She leaves then, and just like with my sister, I simply watch her walk away, knowing fully well that I was no longer going to be able to enjoy the party that I was so excited to be partaking in.