~CHAPTER 35~

~ELSA'S POV~

.

.

.
So many things were already on my mind, so when I got Astrid's text after she got out of detention about her encounter with Heather, more weight got added to my heavy thoughts. I don't think we've ever spoken to each other, so why does she feel sorry? I mean, nearly everyone does, but why would she go out of her way to tell Astrid to tell me? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it just seems odd. Astrid thinks the same.

"Ugh can we please take a break," Anna says as she throws her head back and slouches back in her seat at the table. "I can't go on any longer."

"You still have two more years of this," Rapunzel says, giggling. "And even more so if you decide to go to college."

This makes my sister groan deeply. "Of course I'm going to college, but I'd rather not think about that right now."

"Then do your homework," I comment as I set my phone aside. "The faster you get it done, the faster you can no longer work on it."

"Says the one who was just on her phone," my sister remarks. She then smirks. "Was it Jack?"

"No," I answer honestly, but my heated face tells her a lie.

"It so was!" She exclaims. "You're such a liar."

I roll my eyes and scan my paper for the question I was previously working on. "If you must know," I say as I try to focus, "It was Astrid who texted me. She's out of detention now and had a brief talk with Heather."

Both she and our cousin suck in a breath. "And how'd that go?" Asks Rapunzel, knowing that it probably didn't go well.

"She said that Heather wanted to let me know that she's sorry about what happened to me," I explain, my eyes on the question in my text book but my mind not comprehending the words. "I appreciate it very much, but I admit it's also a bit odd since Heather and I don't associate with each other in any way."

"You think she and Chloe are up to something?" wonders my cousin, which makes my sister growl.

"They better not," Anna says, "I'll keep a close eye on them in my classes. I promise."

I giggle and say, "No, what you need to do is keep an eye out for the board notes."

Anna groans again and drops her head to rest against her textbook on the table. "But I don't wanna."

"You're never going to survive college," Rapunzel teases, which earns her a gently shove from my sister.

"Rude," Anna sticks out her tongue, and the three of us giggle like children. It's a euphoric feeling.

Not as much as kissing though.

And of course, there go my thoughts, wondering off toward Jack. I wonder what he's doing right now. Is he doing homework? Playing with his siblings? Cleaning the house? (Ha, as if.)He's probably practicing for his first hockey game of the season.

The first game is tomorrow and so many people are going. Olaf included.

God it's weird having him back in my life. Weirder than Jack. Weirder than Anna finally knowing the whole truth. I still feel like everything got off too easily and it has me...paranoid. It shouldn't have been so easy right? There should have been something more...climatic, I guess. I don't know, but everything feels wrong.

And perhaps that's because my anxiety is high due to Hans not being in police custody yet. Maybe once he is, I'd feel a lot better.

If Olaf were here, he'd probably tell me something very positive and give me a hug. I'm glad he works at the hospital. His hugs really can be the best medicine you can give someone, especially for the children who are in there.