~CHAPTER 52~

Warning: Gets a bit steamy

~Elsa~

Seeing Anna take Kristoff and his family to the ballroom made me eager for Jack and his family to arrive. I stood, feeling super impatient, and had to fight the urge to text him again. I had already done so when I woke up, which was still hours ago, but I don't want to be annoying. Olaf took over the list of guests and did Anna's job for her while also telling us about his day, which then ended up with him complaining about someone from work who was really determined for him to stay at work and not go.

"I know you love working there so you can visit the child patients," says Rapunzel, "but I think, if your work environment is getting toxic, that you should come work for us. You can join the cleaning staff, and trust me you'll get paid much better than you do in the kitchen. You can even live with us. We have plenty of rooms that are collecting dust."

Olaf's eyes light up. "Really?! Oh my goodness, that would be amazing! I sure will miss the kiddos though..." he looks away, sadly, and I could see the gears in his head turning, thinking through his decision.

"And if you want, we can visit the hospital to visit the kids whenever you'd like," I add in, hoping to cheer him up, "I'm sure since you've been doing it for a while, they would still allow you."

Olaf nods, his smile returning. "Yeah, you're right. And if they don't, I could always break in."

Rapunzel burst into laughter, while I stared in shock. "Olaf..." I couldn't contain my laughter. "No."

The doorbell rings, and my heart jolts, thinking it was Jack and his family. When I opened the door, I was right. It was Jack's family, but no Jack. "Hello, everyone!" I say, cheerfully, holding back disappointment. Where the heck is he? "It's so good to see you all." And I meant it. Just because I was disappointed at not seeing Jack doesn't mean I wasn't excited to see everyone else.

North (dressed as Santa like he has been all month) stood with Tooth, Bunny, Sandy, Jack's mom, Sophie, Jamie, and Emma. The children were quick to run up to Rapunzel and I, giving us the tightest hugs their little arms could give. We let them all in, gave the others hugs as well, and when I pulled away from Jack's mom, I finally asked: "Where's Jack?"

"Oh, he's doing some last minute errands for me," she answers, looking to North. "Isn't that right, North?"

My principal nods his head. "Yep, and hopefully he doesn't get himself into trouble on the way here."

Rapunzel laughs. "I'm saying the same thing about Flynn."

"Better pray for a Christmas Miracle then," Bunny jokes as he readjusts little Sophie, who he was holding on his hip now. "Those boys are trouble by themselves, but together? Absolute destruction."

North chuckles. "Well, it's a good thing we sent Jack alone."

I agreed. I love Jack, but I would really appreciate it if he didn't get himself into trouble. Not for our first Christmas Eve together. Well, as a couple that is. Because technically, this isn't the first time.

"Well, let's take your coats off and get you to the party then, shall we?" I suggest, taking everyone's coats when they hand them to me, and setting them inside the closet that was right at the end of the hall before we turn the corner.

As I guided Jack's family, I made sure to speak to everyone before letting them loose into the Ballroom. I'm not sure when I'll see them later tonight, since there's a lot of guests I gotta mingle with tonight. I even made sure to get a picture with everyone. It would have been perfect if Jack was there. Though, granted, I have a lot of pictures of him and I together. Still though. I miss him.