~CHAPTER 36~

~FLYNN~

A wicked part of me is glad that Hans, the guy who assaulted my friend, is currently kidnapped, but the good in me feels super guilty, and the fear in me doesn't want to be a part of it. That wickedness though...it kind of makes me feel like a hero, like I'm doing something good right now. Like I'm killing the dragon or witch in a fairytale or something. All of me though, is heavily confused. Because why?

Why do the Stabbington Brothers want him? How do they even know him?

Theses questions played themselves back and forth throughout the entire drive to the location I'm headed to, which just so happens to be another crusty, musty old motel, worse than the one Hans was at before.

I park the van and as soon as I do, I whirl around, so fast I should have gotten whiplash, and frantically say before either brother could move: "Okay, what the hell is going on?! I deserve to know! We just kidnapped someone for God's sake! Someone I know. I go to school with this asshole, so how the hell do you know him? Why do you even want him?"

Patchy ignores me and slides open the van door, and at first I thought he wasn't going to answer me at all, but once he's out of the vehicle and reaches for Hans, he says, "Let's just say this classmate of yours is a relative of ours, and our boss wants to see him."

And honestly I didn't know which piece of information shocked me more. "Wait, hold up. Relative?!" I looked at Hans, then at the brothers, and my jaw fell.

Red hair, though they're different shades, the sideburns, green eyes..."Oh my god, Hans is your cousin?!"

Sideburns scowls, "No, idiot, he's our younger brother."

"Brother?!" No fucking way. "But he's..." Way more beautiful then those two. "Never mind. Why does Mr. Big Boss want him?"

Fun fact, I've never met the Big Guy who I work for. I've met other superiors of mine, but not the main guy who controls those guys. The Stab Brothers have met him obviously, they've been in the business for years, but as far as I'm aware it was only ever them. Hans was never in the picture. I've never seen or heard of him, but then again, I don't know every "coworker" of mine, nor do I know all the background information to the ones I do know.

Which makes me wonder how many other people that I know work with me. I mean hell...I went to school with Maui's cousin, and apparently with the Stab Bro's younger brother. Let's not forget the oh so charming Eret. Is Jack part of this criminal empire too? Bunny? Shit everyone knows the majority of the rich are corrupt...are my favorite sisters and their cousin in on all this as well?

No. There's no way that Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel would be a part of this life. They're just...too nice and pure.

"Does he work for him?" I went on. "What did he do?"

"Let's just say," Patchy starts as he easily throws his younger brother's body over his shoulder.

"That Hans hurt someone that belongs to our boss," Sideburns finishes. "And he's gonna get what's coming to him." Both brothers chuckle at this and it made my insides tighten.

I don't know who else Hans hurt that "belongs" to the Boss, but he does deserve punishment for hurting Elsa, so this is his karma.

So why do I feel so guilty?

It's not guilt that you feel, says my inner voice. It's just the fact that you're involved when you don't want to be. You don't want to be one of the reasons why he ends up dead.

And honestly, my inner voice is right. I don't feel guilty that this is happening to him. He hurt a close friend of mine, and that is no bueno. However, I do feel guilty for not feeling guilty. Make sense? It kind of makes me feel...not human. I feel guilty that...I'm just thinking about myself again.