Chapter 3 Deadly Life part 5: Post Trial

"Upupupu~ yay you all did it! You all voted correctly. Annabeth did indeed kill two people!" Monokuma cheered, clapping his paws together.

I took a sigh of relief.

So we were right. That's reassuring...I think, I thought.

Annabeth looked shocked, her mouth making a crescent opening, eyes wide.

"How did...how did you beat me? How is this possible? My p-plan...it was supposed to be flawless?" She asked in a hush tone.

"You a*shole!" Mukuro suddenly shouted.

This surprised me.

She usually is quiet and almost never bursts out like that!

"Why? Why would you kill two? Do our lives mean nothing to you? Were you just about to sacrifice us even as we treated you with equal amount of respect? Are we really just pawns to you?" She asked.

Her bluish-grey eyes flared up in anger as she glared at Annabeth.

"All this about your wisdom? Is it really that important to you that you would kill two people? Two people who did nothing to you?" Mukuro snapped.

Wow she's really popping off, I thought but something bugged me.

It was almost like Mukuro was speaking out of experience.

Like she was used in a similar way.

But that can't be right. She's alive isn't she? I thought.

Annabeth just stared at Mukuro.

...

...

"Do you really think that I planned to kill Noya?" She finally asked.

"Huh?" Mukuro tilted her head in confusion.

"What do you mean by that?" Mami asked.

"Why do you think that the crime scene with Noya was messy? With the murder weapon laying there?" Annabeth asked.

"Well Papyrus left nothing but dust and spaghetti behind. If that's was just the crime scene, we might not have figured out who killed him?" Lloyd noted.

"So what you are trying to say is that...Noya was never meant to die?" Leafpool asked.

"Wh-what?" I felt my fists curl up, fingernails digging into my palms.

"It's true...I never meant to kill Noya. But alas, it was just...unexpected," Annabeth explained.

(Flashback)

Annabeth was grabbing the Soot beanie when she heard a voice behind her.

"Annabeth?"

It was from Noya.

"What are you doing here? If Minami finds you here, she will flip out!" Noya asked

"I'm just here on business," Annabeth replied in a monotone voice.

Noya didn't seem to believe her.

"And that dagger? What the hell are you planning to do with that?" He asked.

Sh*t! He knows! Annabeth thought in a jolt.

She couldn't let her plan go to waste. She couldn't afford to threaten him to keep quiet.

So...

She had to do the one thing that came to mind.

(Flashback end)

"My! You should have seen the look in his face! How I started to stab him on his side and then I slit his throat! It was so satisfying to see the light from his eyes fade away! And it was all for my wisdom to come back! If I won this trial, I could have gone back to my camp and save everyone there!" Annabeth laughed.

She...SHE'S INSANE!

This talk about murdering Noya, how she was satisfied to see him dead. And how she did it for her camp?

Doesn't she know that we all have people whom we love who are in danger as well? Does she not think that both Papyrus and Noya have people waiting for them?

"D-Damn you!" Ed shouted.

He looked horrifyingly upset and rightfully so.

The fact that someone could have killed two people and has done it, that means something. What if...

What if someone else follows her example?

What would happen then?

"Are you all doooone? Can I finally get to the main event now?" Monokuma asked.

Nobody answered him.

Nobody wanted to answer him.

"Awww, it's too early to be this harden. We're not even in the fifth chapter yet," Monokuma pouted.

Still no one answered him.

"Ugh fine! Guess I'll have to do the speaking for this part. IIIIIIIIIT'S PUNISHMENT TIME!" Monokuma cheered.