Making It Up

Killjoy P.O.V

Viper stands and heads off to finish dinner, leaving me dumbfounded on the floor. I look myself over then look to Viper and I feel something in me spike when I look at her. My heart races and I feel my body get warmer watching her.

I look down and shake my head before standing and heading to another room to try and focus myself. I lay down on the softness of the bed, much different from what I'm used to, and curl up with my tail covering myself.

I lay there for a while before I pull the covering up and hide a little more with just my ears poking out. It's soon after I do this that I hear footsteps in here and pick up the smell of Viper hovering near the bed.

"What are you doing?" I poke my head out looking at her and her eyes seem normal again, I only see her and not her wolf fighting for control. "I was trying to clear my head" is all I say looking at her and Viper gives me a look.

"Why? Did something happen?" She sits on the bed looking at me her ears pointed forward giving me her attention. My gaze instantly flicks to her eyes again only seeing a hint of her wolf in them but it's protective this time.

"Well sorta" Viper stares at me her wolf showing itself more in her eyes but it's still only protective, no dominance, claiming, nothing of those sorts. She sits waiting for me to say something, being patient not wanting to rush an answer.

"Well, you kinda sorta went feral" Viper's ears dip a little her gaze going somewhere else like she's trying to processes this information. It's a minute of silence before she says something "how feral" she asks this as more of a statement and less of a question wanting the answer.

She looks at me her wolf starting to cower with in her eyes when they meet mine again. I go to say something but if I do I'll get to embarrassed and freeze up so I do the only other way to tell her what had happened before.

I push myself up and bring myself inches from her and she just looks at me with a questioning look, confused on what I'm doing and wanting an answer. I look to the side and sigh before I rest my hands on her shoulders and leaning in for a quick kiss.

When I pull back I look her in the eyes searching for her wolf but it's no where in sight. Viper brings her hand up and brushes her fingers over her lips then looks back at me and I witness a side I never thought was possible from Viper, embarrassment.

"I, I kissed you" I nod before saying something "it wasn't just the kiss, it was a little more but yeah you did." Viper's ears fall and still no sign of her wolf "what did I do?" I look at her and she seems honestly concerned on what happened.

"You got pretty possessive and when I 'upset' you or well your wolf, you growled at me" Viper looks down then back at me "you still want to be near me?" I nod certain on my answer before I respond "yeah, to be honest? I kinda liked it."

Viper gives me another look before responding "was it you who liked it or your wolf who did" she says this more demanding then her other comments looking me in the eyes wanting an answer and defiantly not falling for anything.

Without realizing I pull back at her stern voice putting an inch or two between us and my ears falling a little. Viper seems to catch this quickly and looks away apologetically, "it was me. I did like it a little" I finally get the words out and Viper looks at me again.

Her eyes graze me up and down looking for something but not finding it looks me in the eyes again. I pull myself closer again and nuzzle her rubbing the side of my face on her arm before resting my head on her shoulder letting out a content sigh.

I feel Viper's eyes watching me so I turn my head slightly looking at her in the eyes and I give her a small smile before pulling back from her. She gives me a look before reaching her hand out and fixing my glasses so they sit straight.

Viper still seems off so I lay myself down and curl up next to her like a puppy. "I think I know a way we can make this work so were aren't caught by anyone" I look up at Viper and she stands leaving the room for a minute and comes back holding something.

"Shift real quick" I nod turning full wolf and Viper reveals a collar and leash and attaches the collar around my neck. I shake my nect feeling it and just give her a look "what the fuck is this?" I give her a stern look and realization seems to kick in.

"No no no, it's not like that. Havens no. It's when we head outside you can just look like a pet or something like that as we gather information." I give her another cold glare at her words and it hits her again on how she worded that.

"Seriously it's nothing like that. Just you have to work with me on this one. It'll help us blend in better with the bipeds" I give her another look before she hides any and all wolf features and attaching the leash to the collar before getting the clothing on and bringing me with her.

"Okay just act like a normal pet would. Don't give away anything by talking to me unless I'm crouching down next to you." I roll my eyes at her still feeling odd about this when she opens the door and we head outside for the first time since we got here.

Viper starts walking and I follow next to her and we start our way to where Jett and Sage are staying. As we are walking I see a biped walking towards us and I start to panic when he stops in front of us and just stares at me.

"That's a big dog you got there" I look at him about to growl when Viper sets her hand on my head and she speaks "yes, and?" The guy looks taken aback by her response and he looks at me again "looks a lot like a wolf, is it a wolfdog by chance?"

Viper looks at me patting my head then responds "yes, she is" the guy nods, looks at me then at Viper "so, do you by chance have plans tonight? You are very beautiful and I was wondering if you want to go out on a date?"

I freeze about to growl at him but Viper responds before I can "not possible. I have plans with my girlfriend tonight." That shut him up fast and he quickly apologizes before walking off quickly. I look up at Viper and she just wears a smug grin on her face looking back at me.

We stop in front of the house and we walk up and she knocks and it doesn't take long for Sage to answer. "Hey Viper, I didn't expect you to come by today. Where's Killjoy?" I clear my throat and Sage looks down at me.

A slight look of impressed crosses her face then it seem to disappear into something more playful "that works alright, just don't let Jett see that because you'll know what she'll say." And of course that's when we hear steps behind her.

"Don't let Jett see what-" Jett stops seeing me and she instantly bursts out laughing "oh my god Viper, that's so kinky!" I give Jett a hard look and let out a low growl stopping her fit of laughter when I get an idea. "Sage why don't you try this on Jett."