A Gloomy Morning

Jett P.O.V

I yawn and go to stretch but I can't feeling something on me, I turn my head and Sage is  spooned tightly around me. I grin at the sleeping healer next to me remembering the events of last night, but sadly I do have to get up and check the cams from last night.

I wiggle out of her grip and I go to stretch and a sharp pain shoots down my back. I feel where it hurts and when my fingers brush over, it stings. I head to the bathroom and turn my back to the mirror and when I look there are scratches running down it.

I'm confused for a second but my mind shifts to last night and my face heats remembering it so I leave the bathroom and see Sage waking up. I stop waiting for her to get up and her eyes focus on me before she rubs them.

She looks at me for a minute before she grins, stands and stumbles over to me. "Good morning to you to" I laugh slightly and she smacks me with her tail before giving me a look "well it's your fault. I need to clean myself up then I'll come check the cameras with you."

I huff at her and she just steadies herself to the bathroom and I make my way to check any footage that the cameras caught. I'm briefly looking through everything when one file catches my eye in particular.

I open it and watching it horrifies me, I see a biped flashing light inside looking for something. The cameras view switches following this biped all around until they made a full round around the house checking each and every window.

My heart sinks seeing this and I hurry and hide all wolf features and throw my clothes on. I head over to the elderflame and let him out but making sure he knows to stay out of view of any passer-byes before I head back to the cameras in shock.

Sage comes out of the room and rests her head on mine "anything happen last night?" I pull my head out from under hers and I grab a chair and set it next to me signaling her to sit so I can show her the footage the cameras caught.

I watch her face shift in horror as she watches the play back. She pauses it and stands pulling up video software and pulling some stuff up before a screen pops up next to hers. I takes a minute but soon Brimstone is on the other end thanking someone.

"Brim, we have an important matter to discus please bring the others on and I'll contact Viper, Killjoy and Phoenix" I take that as my queue to contact Viper, Killjoy and Phoenix to get them over here while Brimstone gets the rest of the pack on.

Once everyone is here Killjoy hooks up the video for everyone to watch and fear grows on some faces while determination grows on other's. After the video it quiet before Reyna speaks first "Is there a chance someone was seen? Even in the slightest?"

The five of us look at each other when something dawns on me and I look and pull up another file. They watch seeing the biped watch into the house after Viper and Killjoy ran in and concern starts to rise.

After a long discussion on the meeting and deciding on plans we end the call and the five of us look at each other. "So, everyone is on board with the plans?" We agree and I lean back in my chair forgetting about the scratches and when my back hits the chair I suck in a breath through my teeth.

Everyone but Sage give me a questioning look as I pull away from the back of the chair and pulling at my shirt. "Sage, can you just heal these for me. Their a pain." She nods standing and getting one of her healing orbs.

"Jett take your shirt off" I give her a look feeling the others eyes on me and Sage is giving me a look "Sage, there are others here" Sage rolls her eyes "you do it in your biped form" I sigh before responding "that's because fur is covering."

Sage gets impatient and growls at me and I quickly do as she says covering my chest with my shirt. "Whoa, those are some nice scratches ja, Jett?" I glare over at Killjoy and she just laughs and I feel Viper lean in taking a closer look.

"Did you get into a fight? Those look like wolf scratches" I huff and give Sage a look and she just shrugs getting the orb ready. Viper looks at it again and I hear a small gasp leave her before she speaks up.

"Those are from Sage, I remember from training. Jett did you and Sage-" "practice fighting and I lost yep, unfortune I know." Viper pulls back and Sage heals it and Viper huffs in annoyance looking away from our direction.

I feel the soothing feeling of the scratches healing and I put my shirt back on catching something in the corner of my eye. I stand heading to the window and find myself staring at a biped of the outside of the house staring at me.

He gives me a look before looking down at his device and turning it to me showing Sage healing my back. My eyes widen and he turns to leave but to before I run out the door grabbing his device from his hands and sprinting inside with it.

I slam the door locking and pushing things in front of it wanting to keep it shut as I show the image to the others. I toss it to Killjoy and she looks it over and looks back at me "hurry and remove that, we can't allow any of that to be seen."

She nods quickly before quickly doing something and tossing it back to me "alright it's gone, forever. No way he's getting that back" I nod before taking it back and dash outside and throwing back at him, he gives me a look of hatred before I turn back inside looking the door again.

"No evidence, no proof we're not bipeds" the others give an agreeing answer before leaving at a fast speed ignoring the creepy biped. I turn to Sage and I give her a sympathetic look and her head shifts up and she looks at me with a soft sadden smile.

"Jett, what if something happens, and-and I can't help them" I pull her into a hug resting my head on her shoulder be for responding. "Sage, nothing will happen. And even if somehow something did, you can help them I know you can."

Sage pulls herself into me holding onto me if I'm an anchor holding her in place. "I hope your right Jett, I just have a bad feeing that something is going to happen." She speaks softly and sniffles, I pull my head back and give her a quick kiss before we just stay holding onto each other for comfort.