Chapter 22

Neon P.O.V

I stumble out of my den early enough to hurry Fade out and for me to pack everything I need for the trip. I adjust my suit and I just can't get it to sit right even though I try everything yet it's still not right.

"You need help with that?" Fade looks at me shifted upright and quirks a brow at me "I'll be fine. I've done this a thousand times." she still watches me and crosses her arms "you've been struggling for the past 10 minutes, if you think I'm going to break it that's on you but you did allow me in your den so I don't understand this mistrust all of a sudden."

She speaks calmly holding my eyes with hers and I finally give in and turn my back to her "don't give me a reason to fry you." I say this harshly as I feel her hands rest on my back ever so gently pushing, pulling and shifting until it sits perfectly where it should. "There, no harm in asking for help every so often."

~~Later~~

We are soon getting out of our ride to the place everyone is staying and I turn to the driver "thank you" he nods before speaking "when you said you had a dog I was not expecting that." He points to Fade and soon drives off.

I hear her grumble next to me and I laugh "you wanted to stick with me so really this is your own doing." We walk down the side and find right where Jett and Sage are and I knock waiting for them.

I push Fade behind me and keep my fingers crossed hoping Jett answers the door first, and lucky me when the door opens it's Jett. "Hey didn't know you were going to be here! Brim finally decided to listen and send someone else."

I nod but hush her quickly "I need to come in, it's important. Is Sage up?" Jett shakes her head "no she's still asleep but do you need her?" I quickly grab Jett by the arm before she leaves "no I need to talk with you first about it."

She looks at me with a confused look and I take my stuff and hand it to her "set this down, I'll be right in." She nods and does as I asked and I turn to Fade "let's make this quick" I hold the door open and she walks in and I follow behind.

"You can go sit on the couch over there, I'll be over in a moment." Jett tells me and I direct Fade over and she lays next to me and I sit down nervously tapping my legs. "Alright so what is so important that you can't-"

She stops mid sentence seeing Fade and I shift my gaze everywhere but at Jett. "Who is this?" Suddenly all playfulness is gone and she's serious and I can feel her looking between me and Fade.

I sigh before I answer "Jett this is Fade, Fade this is Jett." She sits up shifting and stands reaching her hand out to Jett. Jett takes it and shakes her hand looking at me "Neon who-" "This is Fade, I met her in the woods on patrol. This is our black mailer."

Jett rapidly looks at us before finding words "So, your saying that you met our black mailer and let her follow you here??" I nod looking down "I know it's crazy but I feel like she can be trusted, she helped me with my suit and didn't even try and hurt me last night."

Jett nods and I feel Fade's gaze on me "You know Sage is going to kill you right? If not her Brim will." I nod "I'm well aware but the good news is she can help us with our human problem." Soon enough I hear a door open and we all look up to see Sage standing there.

"Sage! Your awake, Neon has a few things she'd like to tell you." Jett looks at me and Sage watches unfazed. She puts her hand up stopping anymore from being said "no need, I heard everything."

I swallow hard and Sage makes her way near me, I feel my heart start to race as she dose so. Sage is so sweet she wouldn't hurt me right? I squeeze my eyes shut ready for what's about to come when I hear a snarl.

I open my eyes and to my surprise Fade is in front of me. Standing between me and Sage. Jett sees this and she gets aggressive back and growls at Fade and she backs off still not moving out of the way.

"Jett quit it" Sage glares at her and she stops still watching "Neon, this is a huge problem, you know this right?" I nod "I know but I have a good feeling about this, if she was able to crack our code she can crack theirs which will help us and maybe no one will try and kill her."

Sage thinks it over and nods "we can try it but if she tries to harm anyone there will be an issue" Fade backs up still on guard but allows Sage to get near me. I nod to Sage before speaking up "well now that that's covered, is there somewhere I can stay?"

Sage nods "the two of you and go the second floor room and stay there for your stay here" I thank Sage and we head up stairs and find the room and head in. "I'm heading to the bathroom to wash off I'll be back."

And with that I leave the room and head to the shower and turn on the water and get out of my clothes and get in allowing the water to flow down my body as it soaks my fur. I hide my wolf features allowing full access to wash myself off when I whip my head around at the sound of the door.

I cover myself and turn around only turning my gaze to the door and locking eyes with Fade. "Get out" she looks me up and down "you look good" I growl at her and she puts her hands up in defense.

"Am I not allowed to complement you or something?" I glare at her before I respond "no, your not allowed to be it here while I'm washing up you pervert." She puts her hands up again "look, I'm not a pervert. I was going to tell you something passed on."

I just give her another glare and she ignores me walking in and shutting the door "will it make you feel better if I cover my eyes?" I nod and she puts her hand over her eyes before continuing. "Sage wanted to make sure you weren't doing anything in here besides washing up."

I stand there dumbfounded as she continues talking "if you wondering she didn't want to invade on you" I huff at her words before I start feeling odd with her in here. "Are you going to be here the whole time or?"

She nods  and I start checking myself over and every once in awhile I catch her looking but only for a second and she looks away. I get out and cover myself up "you leaving?" She shakes her head and turns away from me.

"You really do look good, by the way." I ignore her and get dressed and she uncovers her eyes looking back at me before nodding and heading off making sure I follow behind. "You are a pain you know that?"