Shopping For The Healer

Jett P.O.V

The next day is full of stress and anxiety as today Sage is going to try and bring Killjoy back. I'm unfortunately not allowed to help since Sage still has me resting for a little longer while she does this, and I still feel terrible about everything so I don't really want to be there.

It takes a while but soon enough Sage comes into the room grinning with to my relief Killjoy behind her like nothing ever happened. Sorta. She's standing oddly still getting her grip on things "where's Viper? I'm surprised she's not here."

She says this calmly but a slight upset tone clinging to her voice "she has been at your place since everything happened, refusing to even see anyone." Killjoy grins a little "aw, I knew she missed me" Sage dials Viper and argues for a while before hanging up and turning to us.

"She'll be here soon" and right as Sage said she did arrive quickly, and when we opened the door annoyance was plastered all over her face not budging. "Let's make this quick I want to head back home." She says this coming in and sitting at the table and pulling something out from her jacket.

Sage leaves the room to get Killjoy and I peek over Viper's shoulder to see her staring down and one of Killjoy's beanie's and gripping it tightly. She sets it on her head and pulls on it tightly her nails gripping into the fabric of the beanie.

My ears perk up hearing the footsteps of Sage and I turn and see her walking with Killjoy following as silent at possible. "Sage, can we just hurry this up." I hear Killjoy huff before speaking up "wow, thought you'd be more excided to see me."

Vipers head snaps up her eyes locking on Killjoy, she stands and walks towards her before removing her calm mask and throwing her arms around her digging her face into her neck. "Guess you did miss me huh?"

"Just shut up" I see Killjoy grin before embracing Viper back before they pull away and Viper punches her in the arm "that's for scaring me" she turns and leaves and Killjoy follows close behind "wait is that my beanie?"

I can't help but laugh at their bantering as the door closes behind them when I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turn my head and Sage has her head on my shoulder and eyes fluttered close.

"Do you need something?" I feel her head nod before she responds "can you cook tonight? I'm not up for it" I smile softly and pull my arm around her "of course, let's head to the store and I'll make dinner."

I see her smile and she heads off to get dressed, I head over to my stuff looking for something to throw on when I spot my gear. I grin knowing how long it's been since I wore it. I take out a blue hoodie and black pants.

After tugging it all on I let out a sigh feeling the loosely fabric on my skin. My head snaps up hearing Sage come out of the room and she's wearing a black turtleneck and sleek black pants along with her boots.

Her eyes land on me and suddenly I feel embarrassed with her eyes on me and I turn my head in the opposite direction. "A-anyway, are you ready to go?" "Yeah, what are you going to make anyway?"

"I was thinking on making Kimchi?" Her eyes light up and I can practically see her tail wagging We head out the door and Sage locks it behind us before we head to the car to get ready to leave.

~~At The Store~~

We are walking around the store for a bit getting everything we need when I spot something, or the sweet smell get's my attention. I look quickly on the list and I turn to Sage, "could you go grab the radish for me?"

Sage nods and trots off to go get it when I head over to the cooler. The sweet smell is stronger when I walk over to the strawberries, they look good and there's small hearts on the cooler and I grin finding the perfect ones and putting it in the cart.

Lucky me manages to slip them in before Sage gets back and sees me with them. "It's the small one right?" I nod as she sets it in the cart and looks over what I have written down, "is that it?" "Yeah that's everything."

She grins at me before we make our way to a check out lane and the guy greets us before making small talk with Sage. My jealously takes over so I wrap my arm around her waist as I stare at the guy and he spots the strawberries sitting there.

He slips them over the scanner followed by another thing quickly and hides it at the bottom of a bag and gives me a wink before continuing. I give him a confused look before I look at his shirt seeing a rainbow looking pin on his shirt.

I shrug it off keeping my arm around Sage and resting my head on hers but I pull off quickly feeling my wolf features wanting to show themselves. Sage shifts her eyes to me and starts talking quietly but harshly.

"Jett get behind me." I look at her confused "just get behind me now before we're reveled to the world." It clicks quickly and I stand behind her and press myself against her with my arms pulled around her waist feeling slight movement from her tail.

Thankfully it hides itself just as quickly as it showed and I can pull off what I did as just a hug from behind and we don't get to many looks as we leave.

~~Back at the house~~

By the time we get back to the house Sage takes off every bit of clothing and falls over on the couch. I take everything out of the bags that we bought and set them on the counter "hey do you want your drink?"

She looks up at me and nods stretching her hands out to me. "Just come grab it" she huffs and gives me a look and turns away, "must I do everything?" I sigh giving into her and picking up the bottle and bringing it to her.

"So what is it exactly?" Sage shrugs before speaking up "don't quite know, someone there just said it was good so I figured I'd try it." I nod when my phone goes off with a text from Viper, "I'll be back in a bit, they need me over there right now." Sage nods as I head out.