Lupin x reader

Inspiration song: Heather by Conan Gray
College AU

•──────⋅ ☾ ☼ ☽ ⋅──────•

It was the 3rd of December.
Y/n and their best friend, Lupin were packing for the Christmas break that was in a couple of weeks and Y/n smiled as they grabbed one of Lupin's sweaters from the wardrobe and put it on and they posed. "How is it?" Lupin laughed and ruffled their hair, "It looks better on you," He said and Y/n smiled up at him.

☾ ☼ ☽

On that afternoon, Lupin and Y/n were taking a walk around campus and the two laughed.
Y/n smiled up at Lupin but then looked down, 'If you only knew, Lupin...'

Y/n suddenly bumped into his back when he had stopped walking and Y/n looked over at what he was looking for... but it was more like who he was looking at.

Fujiko Mine... the prettiest person in the whole campus. Y/n watched Lupin's eyes as the woman walked by.

'She got him mesmerized...' Y/n thought when Fujiko glanced back at them and smiled while waving at Lupin who smiled and slightly waved back.

☾ ☼ ☽

Two week before the break.
Y/n smiled as they was walking towards the cafe Lupin texted them to meet at... but they stoped when they saw Fujiko... sitting beside a smiling Lupin... in the same sweater Y/n had tried on a couple of days ago.

Y/n stood in the middle of the cafe. Lupin's gaze turned from Fujiko and to Y/n... and then back at Fujiko.

Y/n looked down, their hair covering their eyes as they felt their heart break piece by piece... 'I wish I was her...'

☾ ☼ ☽

A week before the break.
Y/n were walking behind Lupin and Fujiko as they held hands, fingers intertwined as they smiled and Lupin put his arms around her shoulders.

Y/n looked down at the ground, sad they couldn't really blame the woman, she was such an angel... but a feeling in Y/n's heart kinda wishes she was dead...

☾ ☼ ☽

Y/n stood by the gates to one of the buildings with Lupin beside their, "Hey Lupin, what-" "Hold on a second," he said, holding up a finger for them to be quiet as he looked at the text messages from Fujiko and he smiled.

Y/n frowned, "Never mind..." they mumbled and walked into the building to take a seat in the far back of the lecture hall.

Y/n sat down and opened a folded photo of them and Lupin as small kids. Y/n had scrapped their knee but they were smiling and had closed eyes as Lupin was giving them a kiss to their forehead to feel better.

Y/n looked down and hid their face with their hair and hands as they silently cried at the heartbreaking feeling in their chest.
'I wish I was her...'

☾ ☼ ☽

It was time for Lupin and Y/n to leave. Y/n glanced over at Lupin who were handing a present to Fujiko.
Y/n gritted their teeth and decided to walk back to their dorm one last time before the break.

Lupin turned from Fujiko, "Hey! Y... /n?" Lupin noticed they were leaving and turned back to Fujiko.
"Excuse me for a minute," he said and Fujiko nodded, smiling as Lupin followed Y/n to only find an empty dorm.

He was about to call out for them when he noticed he had stepped on something, so he picked it up and unfolded it only to realize it was the picture of him and Y/n.

He noticed a shadow coming from the small balcony and walked over.
He opened the door to reveal Y/n stand by the parapet. A single tear running down their cheek.

They wiped it away and glanced at Lupin who now stood beside them. Lupin glanced over at them too and smiled, Y/n blushed and looked away before Lupin turned to them and they did the same, "Didn't I tell you not to lose this?" He said in a teasing voice and held up the photo.

Y/n's eyes filled with tears and they cried out a "Sorry!" Lupin got closer to them and wiped the tears away before caressing their cheeks and lead them closer until their lips meet.

Y/n's eyes widened but they quickly melted and kissed back, happy for this moment...
'I wish for this moment to last... for forever,'