Lupin| In love with another

Requested: None
Type: Slight Angst💔?
Lupin x fem!reader
Words: 1159

•──────⋅ ☾ ☼ ☽ ⋅──────•

Y/n sighed as she put away a book she now was done reading.
She looked over towards the couch in the living room to see her uncle sitting there, watching the television.
She had been staying over at his home throughout the day just to visit.

"I'm going out," Y/n then said and Koichi looked over at her, "Now? The oven is almost done," he said, checking his arm watch.

"I know, but... I just need some air," she said and left.

☾ ☼ ☽

Y/n sat on a bench on a hill, looking over the city. It was here her and her boyfriend had their first date together...
Y/n sighed at the mental mentioning of her boyfriend... the two haven't been speaking to each other for nearly 2 months. Of course there was some small words but never a full conversation... She missed him but she knew... that he loved another... her name was Fujiko Mine and Y/n couldn't really compete with her beauty... Fujiko was beautiful in all ways possible... while Y/n was just... Y/n.

Y/n sighed, knowing Lupin didn't need her. She knew he loved Fujiko... and it hurt.

☾ ☼ ☽

Y/n was back home to find the place empty, so she decided to pack... She had now made up her mind and... it was time to leave him to his true love.

Time passed and the front door opened and in walked the three men, smiling big with two sacks with goods.
Y/n didn't care about them and continued to make herself a bento when the three walked into the kitchen. "Hey babe," Lupin said and walked over.

He leaned closer to try and kiss her but she just moved towards another counter to grab the lid of the bento.

She grabbed the bento and walked out of the kitchen and towards their room with a confused Lupin following her. "Baby? Did I do something wrong?" He asked concerned but he was receiving silence from her.

"Babe, answer me," he said and stepped closer to her, only to notice the bag on the bed that was packed.

He looked at her, more confused than ever. He began to ask and confront her and Y/n told him the truth of what she felt and knew... which lead to an argument.

Y/n and Lupin had never argued before and Y/n was now at the edge of crying.
"Just... leave Y/n," Lupin mumbled and Y/n fought the urge to cry, "I was actually planning to..." she said, voice cracking.

She grabbed her things and slammed the bedroom door shut only to be meet with Jigen and Goemon at the hallway.

They looked at her with worried eyes and Y/n smiled sadly at them. "Take care... 'kay?" She asked and they nodded, "You too," Goemon said and Y/n send them a last smile before leaving.

A couple of minutes later, Y/n knocked on a door and her uncle opened up. "Y/n, you're back," Koichi said and Y/n looked up at her uncle with tears streaming down her face.

Koichi widened his eyes and quickly brought her into a hug and comforted her.
"Argument with your boyfriend?"

"More like a break up," she silently said and Koichi hugged her tighter. "You can live here until you have enough to live on your own..."

"Thanks uncle..."

☾ ☼ ☽

That was a year ago... You got a job as a d/c (dream career) and life was great... But Y/n felt that something was still missing... and she knew it was Lupin... she still loved him.

Y/n sighed and stood up from her desk at home to get herself ready to go to one of her co-workers home. They said they all had a surprise there but she didn't understand why.

☾ ☼ ☽

Y/n arrived at the house and knocked.
The door opened to reveal her friend and she lead her inside the dark house only to quickly be lightened up and more people were revealed from the darkness as they yelled a "Happy birthday!"

Y/n stared at her co-workers in shock and smiled big. "Guys, what—"

"Forgot your own birthday, ey? You're not that old that you start to forget things now, are ya?" One of her friends asked and Y/n laughed. "No I just... I'm just surprised. Thank you so much guys," she said and send her friends a closed eye smile to noticed that there was a couple more people. Some she didn't recognized because it was friends to her co-workers.

But one person's appearance stuck out more from the crowd.
It was Lupin... 'Why is he here?' She thought as he noticed her and approached her with no other than Fujiko by his side.

"Happy birthday, Y/n," he and Fujiko said happily and Y/n looked away, not answering as she just left to another end of the room.

She promised herself never to talk to them. It was for the best. Best for her and best for them.
Best for her feelings and best for Lupin and Fujiko not to hear them.

Y/n's co-workers looked at each other and cleared their throats and announced that it was time to eat.

☾ ☼ ☽

Y/n stood alone on the balcony to get away from everyone when she heard a knock coming from behind her.
She glanced back to see Lupin. "What is it?" She asked coldly, not enough strength to walk away and ignore him anymore.

He didn't answer and it was all quiet... until Lupin walked over and hugged her.
Y/n widened her eyes and pushed him off, "What the fuck?!"

"Y/n please... talk to me. Let me explain everything," he asked and Y/n glared at him and he continued, "You never let me explain and just left—"

"Why should I listen to you when I know that all you gonna do is lie...?" He stayed quiet and just stared at her and Y/n huffed, "Just leave me the fuck alone, and go back to your fiancé," Lupin widened his eyes and Y/n rolled her eyes, "Didn't think I was gonna notice? Your necklace, her ring... *huff* seems like someone can comprehend with your lies," she spoke, voice cracking a little bit but she successfully kept the tears down as she turned to face her back towards Lupin who stared at her before leaving.

Y/n listened as the footsteps fade and when there was no sound from them.
She let her tears fall, she covered her mouth to keep herself from sobbing loudly when she suddenly heard someone behind her.

She quickly turned towards the person to see it was Jigen. He held out a cigarette.
"You seem like you need one,"