Zenigata| Anniversary love

Requested: None
Type: Lemon🍋
Zenigata x reader
Words: 1464

•──────⋅ ☾ ☼ ☽ ⋅──────•

Y/n laid in bed, staring at the clock with an unpleased expression as they sniffled a bit after the time they had been crying.

Y/n wiped away new tears when they heard the front door open and heavy footsteps made their way towards the bedroom.

The person stepped into the room and laid down on the bed beside Y/n carefully when they decided to speak up. "Koichi..."

"Oh hey, you awake?"

"Yeah..."

"Honey, it's 3 a.m. I didn't wake you... did I? I'm sorry if I did. I really was trying to be quiet, I swear,"

Y/n decided not to answer and just ask another question, "Why are you home this late?"

"I just... got caught up at work and as you know, I had no choice but to stay, I'm sorry," Y/n sniffled and nodded as they covered themselves more with the covers.

Zenigata noticed the sniffle and he looked at them, "Hey, are you okay? Did you caught a flu or something? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah... I'm fine..."

"Okay, well if you are coming down with a flu, let me know. I'll be more than happy to take care of you,"

"Did you eat today? Dinner I mean,"

"No, I didn't. I was too busy. What about you?"

"No..."

"You didn't? You must be starving, should I get you something?"

"No..."

"Okay, are you sure?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay, in that case, I'm gonna call it a night. Love you," he said and was about to lay down when Y/n sighed, "Koichi... can we talk?"

"Hm? Okay... uh... sure, what is it? Everything is okay, right?"

"Y-You've been very... distant lately," Y/n spoke and sat up, not looking at their husband.
"I-I know, and I'm sorry. It's just... work and all, ya know. But... I've noticed you're awfully quiet... are you sure everything's okay? And I can head you keep sniffling... Have you been crying?"

Y/n looked further away, "I'm fine," they answered and Zenigata sighed, "All right. Now, if that was all, I'm gonna call it a night," he said and laid down once more.

Y/n laid down and moved closer to Zenigata, seeking for the comfort of having him close.
"Hon, I hate to say no to you, but I'm not in the mood to cuddle," Zenigata said and looked down at Y/n to see them looking down at the sheets, "O-Okay..." they whispered and moved a little bit away.

"Please, don't take it personally, okay, it's just been shitty week with no success in catching Lupin and I'm just sucked dry of energy. And being big spoon just sounds horrible to me right now,"