Zenigata| Insecurities

Requested: Inspectorzipzap
Type: Fluff☁️
Zenigata x chubby!reader
Words: 1095

•──────⋅ ☾ ☼ ☽ ⋅──────•

Y/n Mine, cousin to Fujiko Mine.
Unlike Fujiko, Y/n lived a normal life without any heists, stealing, or killing.

Instead, she worked from home, as an artist, and she had a boyfriend for 5 months now, rather new, but it feels like Y/n knew everything about him already and he knew everything about her... except for one thing...

Y/n was a very insecure person.
She was very insecure of her looks especially... Her cousin was always the favorite of everyone they meet because of her looks and her flirty acts.

Y/n knew already why she was favored but... some even had told her that... she had a great personality... but the so called "Problem" was that she was bigger than Fujiko so... yeah, she was always the favorite...

Until she meet Koichi Zenigata... He didn't care of how she looked... The first time he told her she was beautiful, Y/n didn't believe him... she still don't...

She still after 5 months think that he is dating her out of pity.

Anyways, Y/n was at home, working on a new sketch for a later on bigger project when her phone ringed.

She looked over to see it was Fujiko.
Y/n smiled slightly and answered, putting her cousin on speakers as she continued to sketch.

"Hi Fujiko," Y/n answered, "Hi Y/n. Just wanted to check in on ya. What are you up to?"

"Working. And you?"

"We're kind of... driving away from your boyfriend at the moment," she said when Y/n heard Zenigata yell after Lupin.

Y/n sighed. "Be careful I guess I should say,"

"Oh Y/n, you know we're never careful,"

Y/n rolled her eyes and leaned back against her chair when Fujiko asked, "So, how is the relationship with Zenigata going?"

"It's going... good... I guess,"

"You guess?"

"Honestly I... I don't get why he likes me... I'm not even sure if he truly does, because... sometimes it feels like... it all is just... out of pity,"

"Y/n..."

"I'm not even his type. I've seen pictures of his former girlfriends years back, they all were so thin and beautiful. I'm embarrassed for him when we're out together and—"

"Y/n! Please, can you stop looking down on yourself. You are beautiful. Looks isn't everything. Right guys?" Fujiko said and turned to Lupin who was driving, Jigen beside him, and Goemon beside her. She had speakers on so they had heard the whole conversation.

"Yeah. I've dated women in all sizes and shapes... I don't really give a shit," Jigen responded and Lupin nodded.

"You should never have to alter your physical being to get more chances of getting with people that you like. There is someone out there for everyone... And pops seem very happy with you and you're happy with him I assume... so what I'm guessing is that... You've found your someone, because he truly likes you for who you are," Lupin said.

Y/n was a little shocked by his words, she never thought Lupin of all people would be so understanding of this sort of thing but... she was truly thankful for his words.

Y/n smiled and looked down, feeling her eyes water a little, "T-Thanks guys... I-I gotta go," she said and hanged up.

She wiped away the tears that fell. "Shit..." she mumbled and sniffled as more tears fell.

This kind of subject... was always making her emotional. And especially when it was about herself and her own looks.

Y/n spend the next 20 minutes think of everything until she tried to get back to work. She wasn't as motivated as before but... she would still do her best to go through with it before ending for the day...

☾ ☼ ☽

"I'm home!" Zenigata called out as he stepped into Y/n's apartment that he had the spare key to. "Welcome back," Y/n called out from the bedroom and Zenigata walked over and he knocked, "Are you working?" He asked and Y/n looked up from her book, "No... I'm just reading,"

Zenigata opened the door and went inside the room, closing the door behind him before stepping closer to the bed she was sitting on. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Y/n looked up at him, confused. "W-What do you mean?"

"You think I'm pitying you?" Y/n's eyes widened as she stared at him. "W-What? Where—"

"Fujiko told me..." he said and Y/n looked away from him as she put the book on the nightstand. "Y/n... You know... I date you... because I genuinely like— No, I love you, Y/n,"

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why do you "love" me?" Zenigata looked at her confused and Y/n hugged her arms. "I don't understand..." she said and Zenigata huffed and smiled slightly, "Well... it's pretty simple—"

"No, it's not. You're supposed to be with someone like... like Fujiko for example,"

"What are you talking about?" The man asked and Y/n huffed, on the edge to cry.

"I'm talking about this," she said and motioned to herself and she gulped, trying her best not to cry. "There's no way you've missed it. I don't understand... how you can be with someone like me,"

"I never... took you for a person to think so much on what other people think..." Zenigata said and Y/n wiped away a tear.

"Listen to me..." Zenigata said and took her hands in his. "Y/n Mine... I think you're beautiful. And to hell with those people who ever told you otherwise," Zenigata said and looked right into Y/n's eyes to see them be filled with tears once again.

Y/n was soon crying softly and he hugged her tightly, making her cry into his chest, "I love you," he whispered and kissed the top of her head as she cried and hugged back. "I... I love you too," she softly cried and Zenigata parted from the hug.

He looked at her and wiped away the rest of the tears. He smiled and leaned down and kissed her lips with her softly returning it.

When they parted, Zenigata leaned his forehead against hers. "If you ever feel insecure or just want to talk... you can talk to me. Don't hide something like this from me again, 'kay?" He asked and Y/n smiled at him and nodded. "I promise, I... I love you,"

"I love you too, more than you know,"