Zenigata| Tease

Requested: Inspectorzipzap
Type: Fluff☁️, Slight Angst(?)💔
Koichi Zenigata x reader
Words: 1263
Other: None

•──────⋅ ☾ ☼ ☽ ⋅──────•

"What do you say, Zenigata? Me, you, and dinner?" Y/n asked as she stood in front of the taller male. "I-I..." he stuttered and Y/n smirked. "Aw, is that a blush I see?"

"N-No, I—"

"You're so cute when you're flustered,"

"I-I'm not flustered," he poorly protested and looked away. Y/n wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled up at him, "Then why are you cute?" She teased and Zenigata closed his eyes as he got away from her and walked off.

Y/n fought a frown and covered it with a smile as she following him to his office.
"Zeni~, you didn't answer my question before~" the man sighed and turned to her and Y/n was taken aback by the frustrated look in his eyes while he still had a flushed face.

"C-Could you... just stop," she tilted her head, "What do you mean?"

The man sighed, "Stop flirt with me, I know you're just joking around with me so could you... just stop?" Y/n was taken back, 'He thought I was joking?'

"Z-Zenigata, I—" she tried to begin but he held out a hand to make her stop and said, "Leave my office," he spoke and Y/n who knew he wouldn't listen walked out.

Zenigata who had looked away from her didn't notice the sad look on her face... Little did he know, he just broke a woman's heart that day.

☾ ☼ ☽

"Maybe he wasn't into it. You know you could be a bit much with your flirting,"

"Gee, thanks, what a great friend you are," Y/n said to her colleague who snickered, "I know, right?" She asked with a big smile and walked off with her coffee.

Y/n sighed and took a sip of her coffee before walking towards her desk.
As she passes Yatagarasu's desk, he quickly stood up when he noticed her, "Oh! L/n-san! I-I have something to ask you,"

Y/n sighed and turned to the young male, "Yes, Yata?"

"I actually—" As the man spoke, Y/n noticed behind him Zenigata approaching and she turned her attention to Yata, "—and I was wondering if you would like to—"

"I-I'm sorry, Yata. I-I got to go," she softly spoke and quickly got away as Zenigata just arrived by Yata's side.

"Oh... okay," Yata mumbled and Zenigata turned to him and cleared his throat, causing Yata to slightly jump and turn to him, "Oh, inspector. What can I do for you?"

"You got any news on Lupin?" He asked and Yata nodded and turned to his desk.

"Last time, he was spotted at—" as Yata spoke. Zenigata turned to where Y/n walked off to and watched as she took a deep breath and took some painkillers for what possibly was for a headache.

He found himself staring at her, frowning when he got eye contact with her but she quickly turned away.

"—or? Inspector, are you listening?" Zenigata turned to Yata who held a couple of papers in his hand. "These are the files?" He asked to ignore the other man's question.

"Yes,"

"Get them on my desk by tonight. I will be off on my break,"

"Yes, sir! Have a nice break,"

☾ ☼ ☽

The rest of the week. Every time Zenigata spotted Y/n and she spotted him. She always went in another direction or just looked away as she passed him.

When he tried to talk to her, she just walked away or gave him small and quick answers.

Flashback
"Hey L/n, about the report papers—" he was cut off when she stood up from her desk said a quick, "On my desk," before leaving.

"L/n, I—"

"I'm in a hurry," She said and quickly passed him. He watched as she walked around the corner only to hear her friend greet her and Y/n greeted back happily.
Zenigata sighed and looked down.
Flashback

It was now at the end of the week and Zenigata felt guilty for pushing Y/n away. If he knew things would be like this between them... he would have never told her to stop bugging him.

"You taking off, Y/n-san?" One or her colleagues asked and Y/n smiled at them, "Yes, gotta get to the store before it closes,"

"Alright, have a nice way home!"

"Thanks! See ya on Monday—"

"L/n!" Zenigata called and all attention turned to him. He send a look of apology to the others before turning to Y/n.

He gulped and grabbed her arm, "We need to talk," he mumbled for only her to hear and he began to drag her away towards his office.

Y/n just looked away, a frown on her face as she just let him drag her away.

As they got inside the office. Zenigata closed the door behind him and turned to Y/n who had her face away from him.

He blushed and walked up to her. She didn't move.

Zenkgata reached his hand to grab her face to make her look at him.
Y/n still glanced away when suddenly, "Y/n," he used her first name and the said woman looked up at him, surprised by the use of her name. "I-I'm sorry... For pushing you away," Y/n sighed, "If there is one thing you should apologize for is to break a woman's heart, Koichi..."

"What?"

"You saw my flirting as a game, or joke or whatever... But I was serious. I really like you... But you showed me you didn't feel the same and asked me to stop so..." Y/n shrugged her shoulders and looked away, "Here we are now..."

Zenigata stared down at the woman, surprised by the news... he rapidly blinked before blushing hard, he couldn't help but to have a giddy and lovestruck smile upon his lips.

Y/n didn't see this as her face was in another direction from him. But what Zenigata did next, shocked her.

Zenigata, even flushed, had built up his confidence and softly pressed his lips against her forehead. Giving her a soft and short kiss.

Y/n widened her eyes and looked up at him, a small blush crossing her face.
She then smirked, "You missed,"

"What do you—" he was cut off when Y/n grabbed his tie and got him closer only to press her lips onto his.

The man widened his eyes but slowly melted and returned it.

They soon parted and looked into each other's eyes. "So... would you like to go on that date with me, Koichi?" Zenigata's lips quivered and smiled as he nodded, not trusting his voice at t he moment.

Y/n smiled and hugged him tightly. The man chuckled and hugged back when the office door suddenly opened and in fell their colleagues.

"What the, what are you guys doing?" Zenigata asked and they all snickered nervously. "Alright everyone, cough up a dollar!" Y/n's friend said and everyone else groaned.

"What is that about?" Y/n asked and her friend snickered, "We made a little... bet. On why Zenigata dragged you away before... And I guess I win~" they singed teasingly as she received a dollar from each of their colleagues.

"Oh, and Zenigata,"

"Hm?"

"Take care of her for me, ya?"

"Wha—" Zenigata stopped himself and blushed hard by their words and Y/n snickered and kissed his cheek. "Don't worry. You already do,"