Lupin| Regrets

Requested: None
Type: Slight angst
Lupin x fem!reader
Words: 561 
Warnings: Slight talk about mental health?

•──────⋅ ☾ ☼ ☽ ⋅──────•

Lupin was sitting in the living room with Jigen and Goemon, talking about their plan when Ami walked into the room with a picture in hand. "Lupin..." she said softly and the three looked at him, "Who's this?" she asked and handed him the photo. 
Lupin looked at it and smiled, "Where did you find this?" "In one of the drawers in the guest room," she said and tilted her head, "So who is she?" 

Lupin smiled, "She's my first love," Ami looked a bit surprised by the statement but sat down beside Jigen, "How did you meet her, and where is she now?" 

"Why you askin'?" 

"I'm just curious," she said and Lupin looked at the photo. "It was back when I was on the cusp of manhood, living as a new thief and struggling to make ends meet. I'd scoped out an estate belonging to one of the city's most prominent noble families. My first big heist... But when I reached the family's vault I was caught by their eldest daughter. I was sure I was done for... but instead of calling the guards... she talked to me. We ended up chatting into the early hours of the morning. By sunrise, the vault was cracked, their family treasure was stolen, and the two of us were long gone." 

"Why... isn't she here with you?" Lupin smiled at Ami, "Because I was reckless,"

☾ ☼ ☽

It was a cold December night, Lupin was taking a walk with Ami who glanced at him from time to time. "What is it?" Lupin asked as he lit a cigarette. "You said you were reckless..." Lupin sighed and looked over at the sea... "Yeah..." 

"Could you... give me more details?" Lupin looked down at her and he sighed, "Before we started dating, she told me something... I can still remember it like it was yesterday..." "What did she say?" Lupin took a seat in the snow and Ami sat down as well.

"Before you date me, you need to understand that I'm damaged... I have struggled with some things... There are nights when I will isolate and not talk to anyone... I'll shut you out because it will be hard to trust you for a while... and when I hit my difficult moments... I'll need you to prove to me that you'll stay by my side... I'm a lot... I know this... So before you think I'm always happy or that I'm always positive, understand that I'm not perfect... Do not enter my life if you can't handle that... lastly... don't dare touch my heart... if you aren't ready for it..." 

Ami looked out at the sea, "I was reckless enough to think... that I could... That I could handle her, take care of her, but... I made bad decisions and... she left me. She couldn't handle the hurt she got and I couldn't handle the hurt that I gave her... I love her still... after all these years and... I never realized how much I actually loved her... until it was over... So my advice to you, Amy... that when the time comes and you start dating... Check-in on them, check in on them how they're feeling, both physically and mentally... because if you don't... you may lose them..."

Lupin the 3rd One-Shots [Unedited]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें