Jigen| A sad Halloween

Requested: None
Type: Halloween🎃, Angst💔
Jigen Daisuke x reader
Words: 570
Other: Loss of a child

•──────⋅ ☾ ☼ ☽ ⋅──────•

It was the night of Halloween and Y/n was walking through the park with her daughter. The two laughed while Y/n held the teddybear she won for her daughter when the girl asked, "Mommy?"

"Yes dear?"

"Why can't I feel the stuff I touch?"

Y/n's smile dropped and she stopped walking. The girl looked up at her and Y/n crouch down to her level and smiled sadly as her eyes watered, "Because you're not here anymore,"

☾ ☼ ☽

Y/n opened the door and stepped into her home to be meet with her husband, Jigen.
He smiled at her but as the door closed behind her, Y/n broke down and dropped the teddybear to the floor.

Jigen hugged her tightly, asking what was wrong but Y/n didn't say anything. She hugged him tighter, "D/n (daughter's name)," she said between sobs and Jigen frowned at the thought of their daughter.

She died a month ago because of cancer and Y/n have not been treating it so good. Losing a child was the worst thing that ever could happen to a parent.

Throughout the weeks without her, Y/n started to get glimpses of her daughter running around their home... but in a more invisible and ghostly form.

Jigen of course just thought she was hallucinating and felt pity for her. Of course he wasn't doing great either, he had seen dreams and memories of his little girl all happy, but the dreams would turn into nightmares and he would witness her laying there on the hospital bed, cold, and heart not beating.

He started to drink and smoke more than usual and pushed everyone around him away, but kept Y/n closer.

Now it being Halloween wasn't making any of their lives happier. It was their daughter's favorite time of the year... and now she's gone...

Jigen walked with Y/n to the living room and sat her down on the couch by the fireplace. He wrapped her up in a blanket and went to take a smoke.

As he lightened the cigarette, he heard D/n's voice, "Daddy?" Jigen looked down beside him and stared, "Why is mommy crying?" She asked and Jigen dropped his lighter and cigarette to the balcony floor.

He fell to his knees and stared into her lifeless eyes. "D/n..." he whispered and reached out to her but his hands just went through her shoulder and she smiled at him, "Don't cry daddy! I'm alright now... i feel no pain anymore..." Jigen gritted his teeth as she looked at him, "I'll miss you,"

Jigen wiped away his tears and watched as she slowly faded away, "Yeah... we miss you, too,"

☾ ☼ ☽

Jigen walked into the living room and sat down beside Y/n who reached over to him. She took off his hat and put it on the coffee table before reaching for his cheek to make him look at her.
She noticed the redness in his eyes and hugged him tightly.

He leaned into her touch and hugged her tightly as she laid back and he put his head to her chest, "She's happy... we don't need to worry anymore," He mumbled and Y/n couldn't help but to hug him tighter as she closed her eyes while they watered, "Yeah... I know,"