Lupin x reader

Lupin stood on the balcony, leaning against the railing as he looked up towards the full moon. "Hon," he heard a whisper behind him, "Hi," he said, not looking back as Y/n walked up and stood beside him.

A comfort silence covered the area for awhile as the two enjoyed the view.
"I wish I had this view from my home,"

Lupin huffed and smiled, "The view from your home is also beautiful," he said and placed his hand on Y/n's.

"Y/n... I love you," Y/n smiled and looked at him, "I love you, too," they replied and Lupin gazed down at their hands, Y/n followed his gaze.

"You have to let me go... You have to let me you go," Lupin mumbled as his eyes started to tear up as he looked at them, "I need you to do that for me,"

Y/n looked at him and smiled gently, "You're finally ready?" They asked and Lupin nodded, trying his best not to cry before Y/n removed their hand and kissed his forehead "I've been waiting for you too," they whispered and Lupin smiled sadly as he watched them fade away.

Lupin wiped away a tear that fell and suddenly heard a knock and his door open. He turned to look away from the spot Y/n had faded away to see Fujiko Mine by the door.

"Ready for our date?" The female asked with a smile. Lupin smiled slightly and turned to look up at the moon and mouth a small "Thank you, Y/n," before turning back to Fujiko and nod a "yes,"

She smiled and grabbed his hand in her own as they made their way out.

The story with Y/n and Lupin started many years ago but their story ended 9 months ago when Y/n was shoot badly in the middle of a heist.

Y/n always told Lupin that if the two of them were to be separated, they wouldn't trust Lupin with anyone else but Fujiko... So here he was on a date with Fujiko as Y/n watched from above... with a clear smile on their face.