Zenigata x fem!reader

Requested by @MoonStruck001

•──────⋅ ☾ ☼ ☽ ⋅──────•

Zenigata got a date... Zenigata Koichi... got a date tonight.

The inspector didn't believe it that he actually got one. He was so nervous.

The inspector looked himself in the mirror and then panicked when he remembered something important... he had no perfume.

Maybe she wouldn't realize it? He sniffed the air and then covered his nose... Nope, he reeks of sweat... she would defiantly notice.

Zenigata sighed and decided to go out and grab some new perfumes.

Meanwhile, in a corner shop near the inspectors apartment was a beautiful woman in her late twenties/early thirties. She handed the package to the man before her, "There you have the package, sir. Hope she likes it," the young, nervous man nodded and walked off.

She stretched and was about to go into the backroom for some coffee when the front door to the shop opened up and she turned to look who it was. He had a fancy suit with a normal coat over.

He looked a bit nervous and panicked. "Welcome, please look around and call if you need any help," the man looked at her and seemed to calm down a bit.

He slowly walked around and the woman walked to the back room to continue what she was doing.
Zenigata glanced back at the door she walked through and groaned, 'She's beautiful-No! Koichi! You already have a date...'

Zenigata scratched the back of his head when the door opened once more and the woman stepped into the store again.

She noticed him struggle and put down her coffee and walked over. "Need any help?" Zenigata turned to the woman and smirked nervously. "Y-Yeah,"

"Alright, so who's it for? A friend, lover, or for yourself?"

"M-Myself..."

"Going on a date?"

"How did you-"

"Just guessing, I've seen many men and women come in with fancy suits or dresses and be nervous," She said and Zenigata nodded and looked away embarrassed.

Some time passes as the two smell some perfume Zenigata would like. The smell of all the different smells made him kind of dizzy at some point and he just chose something.

"Alright, it's between these two now. What is your choice, sir?" Zenigata gazed at the woman and then down at the small bit beautiful designed perfume bottles and pointed at one of them and she smiled. "Perfect choice, you will not only get your date to fall for you with this," She joked and Zenigata chuckled a little as they walked over to the cashier.

Zenigata payed and the woman handed the perfume to him.

"Thank you," he said and walked towards the door but stopped and looked back at her, "Um, what's your name?"

She looked back at him and smiled, "It's L/n Y/n, what about you, sir?"

"Zenigata Koichi," Y/n smiled, "Then I wish you luck on your date, Zenigata,"

"Yeah... thanks..."

☾ ☼ ☽

'...A disaster! How could I be so dumb!'

Apparently, the woman he had a date with only wanted to make her BOYFRIEND jealous and when the other man noticed her having dinner with Zenigata, he didn't hesitate in walking up to him and punch him in the face.

Zenigata groaned as rain started falling and he sighed and reached up a hand to his cheek.
"Zenigata?" He heard a familiar voice ask and he looked up from the ground and looked over at the person to see it was Y/n.

She had a coat on with an umbrella over her head. Y/n noticed his cheek and walked over to hold the umbrella over him as well, "What happened?"

"Oh, ya know... Bad date," he mumbled and Y/n frowned.

"Come," she said and grabbed his hand to drag him towards the store. "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna treat that," she said, motioning to his cheek as she unlocked the door into the backroom to the store.

"Take a seat," Y/n spoke and Zenigata sat down on a chair he took off his coat to reveal his suit.
Y/n sat on a chair opposite from him and moved a bit closer.

"Look to the side please," she spoke softly and she got to work into treat his slight bleeding under lip and cheek.

"Now tell me... what happened?"

"Well... she already had a boyfriend..."

"What?!"

"And she just wanted to... make him jealous by going out with someone else... I took a punch when he found us at the restaurant and... here I am,"

Y/n frowned and Zenigata looked at her, "What a bitch... Playing with your feelings like that to get attention from a man she already love,"

"It's not a big deal, Y/n. I'm not gonna lie... I was a little excited but I didn't have that high hopes... I knew something would happen... no body would date an old geezer like me,"

"Zenigata..."

"Hm?"

"Let's go on a date," the inspector blinked rapidly before he blushed hard, "W-What?!"

"You heard me... let's go on a date... you're cute, handsome, and I don't care about your age... I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to date you," Zenigata blushed harder and Y/n giggled.

"I know a nearby restaurant some blocks away, it may not be as fancy as the one you went to but it's something," Y/n said with a slight shrug and Zenigata stood up, put on his coat and smiled down at her, "I'd love to go with you,"

Y/n smiled and grabbed her umbrella and hocked her arm with his, "Then let's get going!"