fourteen

(alexa's faceclaim is my bae, kennedy walsh)

——

y/n's eyes snapped open as soon as dalton called out for ariana, his fiancée.

   her cheeks were blazing in embarrassment as she immediately stood up from the couch, wiping her lips even though they never even touched ariana's. she cupped her hand over her mouth, suddenly feeling the need to throw up her lunch.

   ariana sat wide-eyed on the couch, the shock of what almost happened still affecting her. but now, she didn't have time to worry about that; dalton was fucking home, and if he saw y/n there, he would beat ariana's ass and then leave her.

   she got over the initial shock in seconds, standing up from the couch as she stood face-to-face with the woman she almost kissed. "fuck!" she whispered yelled to herself. "uh, you go hide in there!" ariana pointed to the closet that was nearly twenty feet from where they were standing next to the couch.

   "i-i'll distract dalton, and i can give you a signal to like—leave or something," ariana whispered again, already pressing on y/n's chest to send her into the closet.

   y/n furrowed her eyebrows, holding onto ariana's wrists. "what's the signal?" she whispered back.

   being caught by dalton wasn't even her worry, it was just the fact that she had nearly kissed ariana; who, for one, she had just called her best friend, and two, was a fucking engaged woman.

   ariana panicked, realizing that she hadn't even thought of a signal. "fuck y/n, i don't know! just—you'll know, okay? i promise!" they were standing right in front of the closet door at this point, and ariana could hear the jingling of dalton's keys as he walked down the long hallway.

   "shit, just go in there," she opened the door and pushed y/n in, the other woman still in complete shock at what she had almost done. she just nodded in response, not being able to find the words. ariana let out a deep sigh, her hands cupping over y/n's cheeks.

   "i'll call you, okay?" ariana whispered for a final time, standing on her tiptoes as she pecked y/n's cheek, dangerously close to the corner of her lips. "i love you. i'll see you later and please don't get caught," and with that, ariana shut the door on her face.

   y/n sighed, leaning her hands against the door as her head fell between her shoulders. "i love you too."

——

   ariana attempted to fix herself up before dalton came into the living room. she was still intensely flustered from what had just happened with y/n not even five minutes ago.

   she was confused, obviously. y/n was just blabbing about how she felt for this alexa girl, and thirty seconds later she was nearly kissing ariana. it was weird, but ariana wouldn't be telling the truth if she said she didn't want it to happen.

   "ariana, you okay?" dalton was entering the room, his brows contorted in worry. ariana suddenly realized she had never even responded to dalton, being too caught up in y/n to even bother with him. "you didn't answer me when i called?"

   ariana blushed as he walked towards her, his hands grabbing the sides of her neck gently as he leaned down, kissing her lips. ariana cringed at the feeling, but placed her hand on his chest to not worry him further.

   she pulled away after a few seconds as dalton got a little carried away. "uh, i'm sorry baby. i was too caught up in my movie, i didn't even hear you," she gave him a fake smile, backing away as she sat down on the couch.