1

MARCH 31

The city looked so beautiful as I remembered her. I'm finally coming home.

The jet lands on the private runway and I see my car soon after. Normally, I would have my brother and the rest of the mob here waiting for me but I prefer little public. I put my bags in the car and get into it. I just clutch the steering wheel for a moment, thinking that I will see my family again after so long.

I arrive at the building, which had been painted once again with a gray tint, and enter. I was greeted by all the employees and got into the elevator to the suite on the top floor. As I put the key in the latch, I heard someone inside pointing a gun in the direction of the door. I did the same and opened the door, with the gun pointed forward, only to find my brother standing in front of me.

"Alex?" He asked more to himself still in shock that I was standing right in front of him.

"Hello brother" I greeted him placing my gun back in the back of my pants.

Aaron appeared in the doorway along with Four. Both also dumbfounded at the sight of me.

"Jeez guys you look like you have seen the most powerful woman in the world, oh wait you really have" I said with a grin from ear to ear. The three came towards me and gave me a group hug.

"Why didn't you let us know you were coming today?" Four asked annoyed.

"You know I don't like receptions and I just had one downstairs and it was enough" I smiled touching my forehead with his.

"It's good to have you back" He spoke with his eyes closed.

"ALEX?!" I heard my name being called out by a female voice coming from the hallway.

"My beautiful beautiful Wanda. Did you miss me?" I questioned walking out from around Four and opened my arms to be hugged right away by Wanda.

"You fool you didn't even tell your best friend you were coming. How dare you, you lazy girl!" She accused but I felt her smile on my chest knowing she was just teasing me.

"Well, since you are here sister, I want to introduce you to someone" Atlas said pulling himself together from the shock of my arrival. A redheaded woman, just a little smaller than me, approached us. It couldn't be possible.

"Alex this is Natasha, my girlfriend" I tried to keep my posture normal and not in surprise at seeing someone I already knew.

"It's nice to meet you" My voice came out higher pitched than I had planned and her emerald-coloured eyes penetrated mine.

"The pleasure is all mine" her seductive look remains the same, the only thing that has changed is her hair colour, once blond and now red.

Wanda looked at me with a questioning face as she realized my surprise. I pulled her to a corner so I could tell her about Natasha but at that very moment my brother's girlfriend pulled my arm.

"Can we talk?" she questioned nervously.

"Can't you see I'm busy talking to Wanda?" I addressed her in a much thicker voice than I had spoken seconds ago.

"Go ahead, then we'll finish our conversation" Wanda says good-naturedly.

"What is it doll? I'm in a hurry" I automatically rolled my eyes and watched her. She took my hand and led me down the hall until she made me enter a private room.

"I want to apologize to you for what happened between us" Natasha apologizes without letting go of my hand.

"Which one of the facts? You leaving without even saying goodbye or the fact that you are dating my brother?" I say ironically and remove my hand from hers feeling the warmth of her skin disappear from mine.

"For everything, I want to be your friend, and not get a weird vibe between us" Natasha says in a gentle voice.

"Everything is fine between us, but don't come smiling at me, okay? I won't fall for your seductive game" I walk out the door without looking back.

I went up to Wanda's room and knocked on the door. She came to open the door and I just walked past her and lay down on her bed placing one of the pillows on top of my head.

"You can start talking" I felt her body sink into the mattress next to me.

"I know Natasha..." I spoke more inward than outward hoping that Wanda probably hadn't heard.

"Alex Grey! Remove that pillow immediately from your face and explain that very clearly!" She demanded shaking my shoulder hard.

"You're a pain in my ass, but okay" I sighed just remembering what I was about to tell her.