25

"What was going on that we were called so early?" Keane asked sitting down on one of the couches.

"Well, Alex got some information about Ivan. His right hand man is throwing a party not far from here, he knows the answers to our questions. Also the party has already been located and there are two tickets" My brother replied.

"One of them is mine. The other one you decide among yourselves for whom it is. But I need someone who can entertain, especially women." I said, handing out plates of pancakes to everyone.

"I'll go." Yelena said crossing her arms and looking me in the eyes. "Don't even think about it. They all know who you are as soon as you set one foot in that party you would be killed and I won't see that happening" I spoke also crossing my arms.

"We all know that this job is great mainly for either Lightwood or Natasha" Aaron spoke up.

The worst part is that he is right.

"I'm going with Alex. It's not the first time we've worked together and it has always gone well so I guess it's settled" Natasha spoke looking at my brother.

"So be it. Around 8 be ready to leave" Keane spoke getting up and heading over to Atlas to talk about something.

I was about to walk over to Yelena when Natasha pulled me by the arm.

"Do you want to go practice for later today?"

"Sure let me just go change, I'll meet you in the ring"

I went with Yelena to my room and changed as she seemed to be ignoring me.

"What have I done?" I asked sitting on the edge of the bed in front of her

"You know what. I told you I know how to defend myself Alex. I don't need your or anyone else's protection" She spoke raising her tone of voice. Something I hate and always respond the same way.

"Have you forgotten that I care about you? I'm obviously trying to protect you but I'm sorry if you don't want it maybe I shouldn't be so close to you. But that's fine from now on do what you want and I'll do the same, especially without thinking twice whether I put myself at risk or not" I stood up speaking harshly and getting ready to leave.

"I'm sorry..." Yelena whispered as she hugged me from behind.

"Let me go Yelena. We'll talk later" I removed her arms from me and walked out of the room.

I headed to the ring where Natasha was already waiting for me.

"Are you okay?" She questioned.

"Yes why?" I asked back positioning myself in front of her.

"You don't seem to be."

"It doesn't matter let's just focus on training"

We positioned ourselves, each on her side and quickly she started trying to punch me. I dodged her by putting her arm behind her back but she broke free by elbowing me in the stomach giving her an opening to throw me to the ground.
She got on top of me by placing both of my hands above my head.

"You're distracted, what's wrong?" Natasha asked as she stared at me with those big green eyes of hers.

"Yelena and I had a fight" I said shifting my gaze away from hers.

"Alex look at me" I took a deep breath before facing her again.

"It's normal to argue being in a relationship but if it wasn't anything serious you two will work it out" She said letting go of my hands but staying on top of me.

For a brief second we just stared at each other until she bent down and kissed my cheek. Leaving soon after.

"You're in no condition to train. First settle things with Yelena and then yes you can come train" Natasha reached out her hand helping me up off the floor.