23

3 a.m. and here I am awake.
I don't know if my body was excited about maybe being able to stop this clowning around or if it was anxious that it was probably a trap.

"Thinking too much is not good for you, you know."

"What are you doing here, Natasha?"

"Like you, I can't get my mind off what's going to happen in a few hours, swimming seemed like a good solution to try to relax. Apparently you had the same idea."

She slowly removed the robe that covered her body and stepped into the pool.

"The water is at a good temperature" She tried to make conversation...She tried.

"Natasha I don't feel like talking to you and it's normal that it is, this is a heated indoor pool. But you already know that, you've been living here for three years"

"Look I understand you're upset with me, okay? But treating me with contempt doesn't solve anything."

"Don't piss me off Natasha. Enjoy the pool, it's all yours."

I started to swim to the stairs when I realized she was already next to me. Okay she swims fast.

"Alex wait" She said touching my shoulder.

"What?" I said annoyed.

"Good luck for tomorrow" Natasha spoke whispering in my ear and at the end giving a soft kiss on my shoulder causing my body to go into a where of goosebumps.

"Thanks..."

I quickly got out of the pool, covered myself with my robe and headed for my room.
When I entered Yelena was sitting facing the door, meaning me.

"Where were you?" She stood up and walked over to me with a worried look on her face.

"I went for a swim in the pool. I needed to clear my mind for a few hours from now."

"You could have woken me up and talked to me about it" Now her look was one of upset.

"You were sleeping peacefully, I didn't want to wake you up"

"When it's like this don't have a problem waking me up okay?"

"Okay, I'll take a quick shower and meet you in bed." I gave her a kiss on the forehead and headed for the shower.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After sleeping for a few hours, with Yelena clinging to me, I woke up to go to the training room to train before anyone else went there, I needed to train alone with no one around. What a surprise when I got there and saw Natasha shooting at a straw target.

"Looks like we both had the same idea, again" She said without turning around to face me.

"Apparently" I spoke low but sure she had heard.

"She's better than me...?"Her question caught me off guard as I started throwing knives at a target next to her.

"She is. On every level" I threw one last knife at the target's heart and left. I was out of the mood for training.

I went back to the room where Yelena was getting dressed while Fanny ate her feed. Slowly I went towards her and put my arms around her waist, wrapping her with my body.

"Good morning love" I kissed her cheek and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Good morning angel" She said turning to me.

"Angel? That's all I'm not, love"

"What do you want me to call you? Devil?"

"No need to be aggressive princess" I lowered my face enough to lightly kiss her lips.