13

At 4 a.m. I was already up and dressed to go for a morning run in the forest before going to work. I ran for an hour through the nature that surrounded me and with music in my ears. After that I went back home so that I could take a relaxed and long bath. I eventually got ready for work and had my breakfast. Meanwhile I sat down on the couch to see if I had any new messages or emails to answer. A new email that I had been waiting for came into my inbox. Photos of all the blonde women that have been seen at the airport in the last two days. Checking the time I saw that I still had time to start my study so I started it, not planning to leave the house until around 7:05 am. I turned on my computer and studied them all at the same time. Half an hour later Natasha appeared in the living room. She started talking but I was so focused on putting notes about women on my phone that I wasn't even listening to her.

"Alex, can you please put your phone down and listen to what I'm saying? Are you being serious?" Natasha stood in front of me and dodged my phone from my hands and put it in her back pocket of her pajama pants.

I looked at her and stood up placing myself right next to her. I crossed my gaze with hers and placed my hand in her pocket, where she placed her phone. I took it out and continued to look at her.

"I'm sorry" I kissed her cheek and turned to sit back down.

"You have my attention now, please proceed" I saw her cheeks take on a rosy hue which made me smile on the inside.

"I was saying good morning to you and asking what you were doing that you were ignoring me" Natasha pulled herself together and spoke.

"I received the pictures I had told you about yesterday, I was starting my study on each woman" She nodded and went straight to the kitchen to eat her breakfast.

Another half hour later we were both ready to leave.

The day went as usual until... I received a letter and a red rose...

"This was delivered for you..." Natasha said and I could tell the way her teeth sawed as she said it.

"I wasn't expecting anything. Does it say who it's from?" I asked confused.

"Why don't you see for yourself, this is for you after all, Grey" She rolled her eyes handing me the things.

"No need to be rude" I smelled the flower, which just happens to be my favorite.

"I get that whoever sent the rose, hit the nail on the head with the flower they bought..."

"Is that jealousy I hear coming from your mouth, Romanoff?" I looked at her smiling smugly.

"I'm not jealous of anyone, Grey. Are you going to open the letter or not?" Natasha looked at me very serious.

I stared at her once more and picked up the letter. I opened it and my eyes opened causing me to abruptly get up from my chair and look out the windows.

"Alex what's wrong?" Natasha noticed that I was agitated and looked in the same direction as me without noticing anything.

I handed her the letter and continued to look out the window.

"I have my eyes on you, Alex Grey. I hope you enjoyed the rose."

After watching the sidewalks and terraces, I noticed a woman looking in my direction who smiled. This is a game to her. But let it be...let the hunt begin. Now I will be the hunter and she the prey.

"I'm getting eye contact with her" I spoke and Natasha placed herself next to me.

The woman started to walk away, disappearing into the crowd.