28

"Alex?" I heard Yelena call out to me as she came down the stairs.

"Good morning" I spoke as I prepared our breakfast.

"What happened yesterday? The last thing I remember was being on the couch with you"

"You fell asleep" I turned to her as I placed juice glasses on the table.

"And what else? I know very well that I didn't change my own clothes"

"I took you upstairs to the room where you left your stuff and I didn't want you to be uncomfortable so I changed your clothes" I sighed turning the pancakes over in the pan. "In case you felt uncomfortable about it I apologize. I should have woken you up instead of doing that."

"Thank you, for taking care of me... It's incredible that even though you've already seen me naked you're still kind enough to apologize to me..."

After that we ate in silence until I got an idea.

"Hey what do you say we go into town for a walk?"

"Sounds good"

As we finished, I washed the dishes and went to get dressed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I parked the car and we started walking aimlessly around town. As we passed a basketball court a ball hit, who knows how, Yelena in the head.

"Ow!"

"Dammit, are you okay?" I asked touching her head.

"I'm so so sorry!" A girl with long black hair spoke up quickly approaching us. "I didn't mean it!"

"How do you feel Yelena?" I asked looking at her again.

"I'm fine, I'm fine"

"I am so sorry! Do you need anything?"

"No, everything is fine. Just try to be careful next time" I said starting to walk.

"Alex..."

I heard Yelena sigh my name.

"What?" she looked at me and then at the girl who had gone back inside the field again. "What's wrong?"

"She's playing by herself..."

"Ahhh fine..."

I turned back along with Yelena and we went inside.

"Hey! Can we play too?" I approached her catching the ball she had just thrown.

"Sure! I'm Kate Bishop! And you are?"

"I'm Alex Grey"

"I'm Yelena Belova"

"Once again I apologize Yelena. I really didn't mean to hit you"

"I know, it's okay. Now let's play!"

"How do you want to do it? You two against me?" I asked challenging them.

"I'm in" They both said at the same time making the three of us laugh.

For three hours we played non-stop until I couldn't do it anymore.

"That's enough! I give up!" I shouted throwing myself on the floor playing dead.

"Alex, are you okay?!" Kate shouted approaching me.

"She's just overreacting" Yelena said and I could feel her roll her eyes.

"If I was really dying I wanted to see if that would be your reaction!" I spoke pretending to be offended.

"Well, thank you for staying and playing basketball with me, being new around these parts isn't easy" Kate spoke hugging Yelena and then me.