4

In the morning, after getting up, I went to the kitchen but just stopped just before entering when I heard Wanda and Natasha's voice.

"Shit" I heard Natasha say.

"Hey what's wrong with you?" Wanda asked.

"Nothing, what makes you think I have a problem?" Natasha's voice was peaked with a nervousness that you could tell from afar.

"Well, when someone stares at nothing while pouring coffee and spilling it all over the place, they have something or someone on their mind. By the way, have you seen Alex this morning?" Maximoff, you know what you're talking about, you clever girl.

"Alex? No, I haven't seen her" I walked in next giving Wanda a hug and giving her a kiss on the head.

"Good morning missing girl" Wanda said giving me a playful smile.

"Good morning you silly girl. Romanoff" I didn't even look at Natasha, I put coffee in my mug and drank it while looking at my phone. A message from my brother popped up as a notification "I need you to come to the office. I need to talk to you"

I took the coffee with me and headed to Atlas' office.

"What's going on?" I asked without much patience as I took another sip of my coffee.

"As you already know, I met with Keane yesterday after that event in the alley about the sniper who shot at us. Someone put a target on our heads, and by our, I mean both mobs. Tonight, around 9.00 pm, I arranged for us to go to the strip-tease bar nearby so we can talk and maybe who knows maybe work together to uncover and figure out who and why" I realized he was looking at me more seriously than usual.

"Yeah, you want a picture? It lasts longer" I rolled my eyes bored of standing there.

"Thank you" I think it was one of the first times I heard that come out of his mouth.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For always having my back and taking care of Nat" I saw in his eyes that he was speaking sincerely.

"That's what sisters are for. Not wanting to spoil the moment but don't ever make decisions without me again. I might as well not want to meet with his mob. I'm back, Atlas. Every decision you make has to have my approval as well. Are we clear?" I replied coldly, I don't like to give weak parts or show or talk much about feelings.

"Understood as crystal little sister" Atlas said agreeing with his head.

The rest of the morning I spent in my room with Wanda. We watched a movie and well, talked about Natasha.

"I can't believe she kissed you and then said that!" Wanda exclaimed being extremely unnerved.

"I don't understand... I've spent these years always without her in my mind but when I saw her again yesterday, I don't know it was a strange feeling..." I spoke fiddling with the rings on my hands.

"It's best if you forget about Natasha, Alex. She's only hurting you and playing with your head" Wanda took my hands trying to make me feel better.

"Yeah, you're right" I agreed and the rest of the time we spent in silence ending up finally paying attention to the movie.

Around 1pm Wanda went to the kitchen to get lunch for us and we ate in the bedroom. I didn't want to see Natasha. Or I just didn't want to see her interaction with my brother.

Later Wanda went out to take care of some personal business and I finally left my room. 

The worst? That I shouldn't have left. I walked past Atlas' room and through the crack I saw him making out with Natasha. My fists closed in anger and I walked quickly to the entrance and left the building as fast as I could.