31

Slowly and painfully I opened my eyes and found myself in some kind of old shed and shackled by two chains that pulled my hugs up.With my vision still a little blurred I saw a figure approaching.

"I'm sorry Alex..." Natasha's voice made itself heard. Forcing myself to focus on her image, I stared at her for a few brief seconds before speaking. "Where are the others?" I asked worriedly.

"They were captured...they are somewhere else..." she sighed shifting her gaze away from mine"

"So what now? What happens?" I sighed pulling the chains tight but obviously I was still handcuffed.

"Now you die" Another voice, this time male, spoke deliciously amused. "How does it feel Alex Grey? Knowing that it was all a lie between you and Natasha? How does it feel to know that you failed to protect your family? The feeling of defeat?"

"Ivan" I said his name with such anger that I myself was afraid of what I might do if I let it control me. "Leave them alone, you have me. Isn't that enough?"

"Uhh let me think....no. What do you think of my agent? You did a great job Natasha, you got her to fall in love with you and you got that to weaken her" He laughed at my face as I stared at Natasha. "Oh then don't get that little Grey face, you'll be meeting your mother in no time"

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I shouted trying to free myself to kill him right there.

"Uh it's still a sensitive topic I see, too bad I don't care" He laughed again turning his back on me. "Well, let's start with the things I have planned for you" He turned to me again but now with a glove full of spikes in his hand. He quickly came over to me and hit me in the face making me bleed.

Several times he hit me in the face until he came up behind me and started whipping me hard. I looked forward seeing Natasha with her hands covering her mouth as tears streamed from her eyes.

"Tell me Alex, does it hurt a lot?" Ivan asked devilishly. "Well I think I've done a lot of damage, don't you Romanoff? I think it's time to say goodbye to you for good, Alex Grey." He stood in front of me with a gun in his hand and then aimed it at my heart. "That's the reason you're here today. It is because of your weak heart that your family was captured and is about to die, just like you. Any last words?"

"Fuck you" I said laughing at his face. "I will hunt you down in this life or the next"

"Okay that was too many words already...let's get to action!" Ivan said excitedly. "See you never, Alex Grey"

"NO!" Natasha shouted from behind him. She was already coming towards us when two guards grabbed her and they started fighting with her when she gave them a fight.

"ENOUGH OF THIS!" Ivan yelled and suddenly I felt a pain in my chest and the color red spread through my body. I felt my body weakening and in the distance I heard Natasha scream as I already closed my eyes and lowered my head.Within seconds I felt, even with what little strength I had left, my wrists being released from the chains and before I fell to the ground my body was supported by another who gently laid me down....

"ALEX! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME! WAKE UP!" I heard in the distance Natasha scream. "Please...I need you...I love you"

I love you.

That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out completely.

--------------------------------------

"It's time to wake up!" Someone shouted and I quickly got up. I was on a stretcher in an ambulance. I turned my head to the side and saw him.

"Damon!" I yelled opening my shirt and seeing a vibranium armor covering my body a small red broken vial above the place of my heart. "It worked!"

"Good thing otherwise I would kill you" He smiled handing me a new outfit "Now what's the plan?"

"Did you do what I asked you to do?" I asked turning all to him after changing me.

"Yes, I have their location"

"Then that's where we need to go" I spoke assertively. "Do you know anything about Natasha?" I sighed.

"No but we'll focus on hers once we save the others, okay?" He hugged me before opening the ambulance doors and we headed out of there towards his car.

---------------------FLASHBACK-------------------

As soon as I arrived in Central Park with the others, I headed to Damon's side before we walked down the aisle to wait for Natasha, soon to be married to my brother.

"I need to talk to you now," I pulled him into a corner, away from the others before continuing. "Something's going to happen, either before or after Natasha walks down the aisle."

"Let me guess, she's a spy and that's how Ivan got to us, or more precisely to you" I stared at him open-mouthed - how could he possibly know? He smiled as he realized how surprised I was by what he'd just told me "I've suspected it for some time, and I suppose you've known it for longer too. But inside that not-so-small, cold heart, something ignited. You fell in love with her, and she fell in love with you too"

I couldn't have been more open-mouthed than I was, was it really that obvious?

"Well, what do we do now?" He asked, crossing his arms and with a slightly more serious expression.

"I have a plan. But it has to be done before the music starts playing for Natasha to come in." I sighed deeply before continuing. "I need you to put these trackers on Four and Wanda's clothes, and now comes the part you're not going to like"

"Spit it out Alex" Damon crossed his arms, looking as serious as I'd ever seen him.

"I'll let them take me-"

"You can stop right there Alex, I'm not going to let that happen, it's just that there's no way" He shook his head furiously "Are you crazy? Clearly you are. You know Ivan will kill you the first chance he gets!"

"And that's exactly why I have a vibranium armor covering my body under my suit, something more to look like blood when he shoots" I looked at him seriously "Listen, I know you don't like this, I know. But it's the only way we can save my family, using a surprise factor. He's sure to bring more agents, so we're outnumbered. The most likely thing to happen is that he'll capture everyone but take me somewhere first to torture me."

Before I could continue, he intervened.

"To make sure you don't escape and that you can't save your family..." he looked down and then up "Assuming that's what's going to happen, how do you know he's not going to shoot you in the head instead of the torso?"

"Because he'll want to aim for my heart since it's the reason my family is going to die." I know he doesn't like this but it's the only way "I need you to do something other than what I've already told you, I need you to follow the vehicle they're taking me in and make a phone call to this number asking for an ambulance" I handed him a note with a private number and let's just say that someone at the hospital owes me a favour "And assuming Natasha will be there, I, at least, expect her to call an ambulance after I'm 'dead'. After that, I'll have to get equipment and we'll follow their location"

"I swear, if this doesn't go well, I'll kill you myself" He looked me dead in the eye.

"I know...Let the games begin" I whispered to myself before walking down the aisle.