9

The next morning I was quietly eating my breakfast when Natasha came by and stared at me seriously.

"Morning?" I asked confused by the look with which she was staring at me.

"Is it your birthday?" I sighed when I heard her question and leaned back in my chair.

"How did you find out?" I asked back.

"Atlas told me" Natasha replied crossing her arms.

"Shit..." I sighed softly.

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" She asked a little offended.

"I never celebrate my birthday..." I continued to eat casually.

"Why?" Natasha sat down in front of me.

"Because I don't! Okay?!" I abruptly got up from my chair and went to my room.

When I opened the door I had presents from Four, Aaron, my brother and Wanda. And Wanda herself inside.

"Come here" She said and pulled me into a hug.

We were just hugged for a few minutes. Wanda knows how sad this date makes me. She let go of me and looked at the door, I turned around and saw my brother.

"I'll leave you two alone" She said walking out and Atlas approached me.

"You had no right to tell Romanoff it's my birthday" I told him seriously.

"Alex cut the bull shit. It wasn't your fault what happened" He moved even closer to me.

"YES IT WAS! STOP SAYING IT'S NOT MY FUCKING FAULT MOM IS DEAD BECAUSE IT IS!" I shouted crying.He pulled me into his arms and hugged me.

"I know I'm not the best brother but I care about you, mom wouldn't like seeing you like this Alex..." He spoke.

"Atlas please leave, I want to be alone..." I turned away from him and faced the window.

I heard the door close behind me and then I fell to my knees on the floor.

"It was my fault..." I wiped my tears and went to put on a black outfit.

I left without anyone seeing me in the building, bought some flowers and walked to the cemetery.

"I miss you mom..." I sat in front of her grave.

"She knows..." A thick voice spoke from behind me.

" Father..."

"How is my little girl?" He asked sitting down next to me.

"How do you think? It was my fault...it's my fault she's not here anymore"

"Alex, neither I nor your brother blame you for what happened. It was an accident, you could have died too but you survived, and I am much more grateful to have at least one of you than to have none at all" He put his arm around my shoulders.

"Come on, let's go. We have to get back, your brother must be worried" He stood up and lifted me up with him.

"You think so? Atlas only cares about himself, he says he cares about me but that's a lie and you know it" I walked with my father to his car.

"Atlas" My father called my brother as we walked back, unseen, to the building.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" Atlas hugged him

"What do you think I'm doing here? It's your sister's birthday" He rolled his eyes

"I don't like to celebrate this date" I spoke going to my room leaving the two men behind.