18

Around lunchtime Emma came to pick up Levi as we had agreed, but the two of them stayed for lunch with us and only then did they leave.

"Alex in the afternoon Keane together with the others are coming here to talk about what to do next" my brother warned me before I went to my room. "You wouldn't happen to want to go buy some things for the snack we are going to make later?"

"I'm only going because I need to reinforce my Starbucks here at home, because I'm not your maid. Next time, if you want, you go."

"Where are you going?" Yelena asked walking into the room.

"To the grocery store."

"I also need to buy some things for myself so I'll go with you" She said crossing her arms.

"Okay, you can leave Fanny in my room-"

"She's already there, I guess you ran out of room Alex Grey" Yelena laughed as I rolled my eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what are you coming to buy?" I asked as we walked down the aisles.

"Feed for Fanny and ingredients to make mac and cheese"

"Okay, I'll go do my shopping, meet us at the cashier?"

"Sounds like a plan" She said and turned her back on me starting to walk.

Walking through the aisles I put some food in the basket and when I got to the Starbucks section...Hail Mary I just wanted to take it all in. I took some Frappuccino for myself and some Caramel Latte for Yelena. When I went to the cashier I couldn't see her anywhere so I started to walk around the aisles looking for her. On the fifth corridor I found her. It looked to me like she was comparing brands of cheese. As I was getting closer I saw a man looking at her and it was not with good intentions of course, but she was so concentrated that she probably didn't notice or even noticed but let it pass. In a surge of super protection I stood behind her, putting my basket on the floor, and putting my hands on her waist as I stared at the man and watched him walk away. However I began to hear Yelena breathing heavily. Did I make her uncomfortable? I started to remove my hands from her waist but she suddenly put the cheese packages back in place, took my hands and put my arms around her. Without saying a single word she put her head against my chest and took the packages again.

"Aren't they the same thing?" I asked leaning my head against hers.

"No, one will give one flavor and the other will give another. It's not here what I usually buy so I don't know what to take."

"Take both and then see what you use"

"I guess I'll really have to do that" I turned away from her taking my basket again and we walked together to the cashier where we paid and then back to my building.

Upon our arrival we were greeted by an upset Atlas.

"I brought the food and drinks for the snack...what's up?" I asked as he paced back and forth.

"Natasha won't let me in our room and she won't even talk to me or anyone else!"

How so?

"I'll go there" Something is going on and regardless of our conversation I worry about her. "Pack the groceries and I'll be right back"

I walked to their room and knocked on the door.

"Natasha? It's Alex, let me in please" The silence lasted for a mere seconds until I heard her voice.

"Go away, a few hours ago you didn't even want to talk to me"

"I didn't want to talk to you about our conversation the day we got here, not in general! ...Look I don't know what's wrong with you, Natasha. And I will not force you to open the door, but if you need me, you know where to find me." I started to turn to go back into the living room when I heard the door unlock. I didn't even have time to realize what was happening as I was suddenly pulled into the room. Natasha's arms quickly wrapped around my waist and her head was pressed against my chest. When I realized what was happening I placed my arms around her and we just clung there for a good three minutes until she said something that stuck in my head.