20

After returning to the building, as I barely opened the door, Lizzie ran towards me giving me a hug.

"Don't ever scare me like that again!" She said taking my hands and her eyes watered.

"Sorry" I said pulling her into a hug. Meanwhile I looked into the room where everyone was. As I crossed eyes with Yelena, she turned around giving me her back and walked away. Instinctively I went after her, leaving the rest of us behind.
As I entered my room, I saw her with one of my tequila bottles in her hand.

"Didn't anyone ever teach you that drinking in the morning is bad for you?"

"Is it forbidden? No, then leave me alone" She spoke in an aggressive tone.

"Why are you talking to me like that?"

Like what the fuck?

"What the fuck did you have in your head to put yourself at risk like that?" She dropped the bottle and addressed me.

"You wanted me to do what?! That I would just let you get shot?!" She can't be serious.

"I already told you that I don't need your protection and on top of that you put your life at risk."

"I am the leader of a mob, Yelena. I take risks every day."

"Yeah, but you are also my friend. And now that I have a friend I don't want to lose her. And if anything worse had happened to you because of me, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself."

"If anything worse had happened it wouldn't be your fault, love"

"Of course it would! I would be responsible for being the person you would sacrifice yourself for. So if you want to continue this friendship you'd better watch out for yourself."

"Yelena, love, I'll try to be more careful okay?"

"I don't want to lose you..."

"And you won't okay?"

I pulled her closer giving her a kiss on the forehead and putting my arms around her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At lunchtime we both, mine and Keane's mob, talked about what had happened. And what came after that conversation, well, I couldn't believe it.

"From today to tomorrow there is going to be a Russian party here in one of the buildings in New York, I got two tickets to get in, already booked rooms and everything. According to our research, conversations and sources it is likely that you will get to see who the shooter was yesterday, for sure he will be there, meaning his boss too." Keane spoke handing me one of the envelopes with the note. "Now in addition I have here with me this red liquid that you will have to put in his drink, for then we will be able to get his location in full time."

"Perfect, thank you. And who's coming with me?" I asked out of pure curiosity but a voice quickly answered me.

"I will."

Natasha...what the fuck is she doing

"You're not going anywhere" My brother told her seriously.

"Yesterday you told me that I was much better than many of the men in your mafia. So I'm going" She looked at him crossing her arms and speaking to him in a cold tone.

Now I really want to see where this is going.

"I never said that" Atlas said crossing his arms as well.

"Why are you lying?" She asked him.

"I'm not, and end of discussion" He raised his voice.

"Okay, end of relationship" Natasha turned her back on him walking over to me to get the other envelope.