30

I left my room and went towards the lake where she was. When I got there I didn't see her, I looked around and nothing. Suddenly someone touched my hand and when I turned around there she was.

"Were you looking for me?" Natasha asked still with my hand in hers.

"I was."

We stared at each other until she broke eye contact.

"If we are going to talk it better be in a quieter place and where your brother won't see us if he can't find it suspicious, being that in his sight we were never very close" She started walking and pulling me further into the woods behind the house. We walked for some time and always in silence. "I don't think anyone will be able to see or hear us here anymore. So what do you want to talk about?" she asked moving closer to me and never letting go of my hand.

I looked away trying to ignore the racing beat of my heart. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

"Nothing, we better get back"

I was about to start walking back to the house when she tugged on my hand.

"You're lying. Your body language is telling me something different. What is it, Alex?" Natasha looked into my eyes as if she was looking into my soul.

"I told you it's nothing, let's go" I tried to pull on my hand but it did no good, it only made us get even closer. My lips almost touching hers.

"You know that's not true. And we both know why we're here" Her other hand touched my cheek. "I know why I am here. And I'm going to give you what you came here looking for"

Without me expecting it her lips captured mine in a kiss that was deep and intense but also delicate and tender.

I should have pulled away and stopped it there but, for once in my life, I let my heart command and kissed her back. With everything I had in me, I kissed her, trying with the kiss to explain what I couldn't put into words.

"Forgive me...but I can't" And with that she left me. Walked away...

And the next thing I knew, a tear was running down my cheek.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning on the jet, everyone was quiet.
For a few moments I went to the back to get a drink when I was stopped.

"But it's just that there's no way I'm letting you drink" Yelena took the glass from my hand and made me sit on one of the couches a little away from Atlas and Natasha. "I suppose it didn't go well...what happened?"

"It turns out...I put my heart on the line, and it was rejected..." I smiled miserably at her and picked up my glass again. "I need to drink, Yelena. Even if it's just one glass."

"Alex-"

"Please...." I asked looking at her and Yelena stood staring at me with her mouth open. A tear was running down my cheek once again.

"Alex....oh come here" She pulled me into a tight hug. "It's going to be okay, you're going to be okay"

After that I eventually fell asleep on her lap and didn't wake up until we landed in New York.

"Try not to think about it too much...later on talk to Wanda maybe she can help you better than I can" She hugged me once again when Natasha was already waiting for her in one car and Atlas waiting for me in another.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine" I gave her my best smile and started to walk to the varro but I swear I could have heard her sighing 'No you won't...'

As I got to the car Atlas started teasing me but I didn't even have the strength to answer him back.