The Coronation of King

¶ Chapter | Three ¶
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

¶ Chapter | Three ¶~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine
~~~~~~

" Rani "

{ Queen}

" Rani nahi Raat ki Rani" I flip my hair back, looking myself in mirror. I smile looking at my pink lips than look up at my eyes which Champa says in enough to kill anyone.

{ Not queen, the Queen of night}

" Ha, ha Raat ki Chudail" Champa says and I rotate on my seat found her sitting cross legged on her single bed.

{ Ofcourse, night's witch}

" Why witch?" I asked while fixing the jasmine flower in my hair.

" Kyuki Dadi kehti hai raat ko baal mat kholo varna Saitan le jayega and here you're applying jasmine flowers on your hair it's like you're attracting him" I rolled my eyes and chukled lightly before turning back towards mirror fixing my hair.

{ Because Grandma says don't keep the hair open in night or else monster will come and take you and here you're putting Jasmine flower in your hair it's like you are inviting him}

" It's been years since we left village and you're still believing their bullshit " in the mention of village my memories resurfaced.

I cried hours that day looking at her when Ma came and hugged me and take me home I tell everything what I saw but no one took any action against that man infact people start saying I'm under that witch's control, fed up from that and in search of more money we left the village and came to Delhi but our situation didn't got better. We live here in the low class neighbour where everyday police came to someone house and arrest someone in case of stealing, illegal selling of alcohol etc.

We live here in one story house with two bedrooms, one kitchen, one bathroom and a little space left. This is my and Champa's room two single bed on each side and one vanity is placed between them where I'm sitting right now.

" But I want to know what's your obsession with getting ready at night you know Dadi used to say in childhood there is difference between Chameli and you, Chameli looks more beautiful and now look at her you are looking more beautiful than her" Champa said and I wear my earrings and hook the end of it to my hair.

" Because I get ready for myself and her obsession with fairness" I roll my eyes " you should go and stand above her when she is sleeping after applying flour on your face then wake her up and ask her who is beautiful" Champa starts laughing.