The Queen's Oath

¶ Chapter | Nine ¶
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

¶ Chapter | Nine ¶~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine
~~~~~

" Laado" I heard Ma called me. I'm sitting on bed leaning against wall, my arms wrapped around my knees looking at the place where I saw him that night.

" Laado tu kal se aise hi baithi na kuch keh rahi na kuch kar rahi hai bas ek hi jagah gure ja rahi hai beta teri tabiyat kharab ho jayegi aise toh" Ma said sitting beside me on bed stroking my hair lightly.

{ Daughter you have sitting like this since yesterday neither you're saying something neither looking just keep staring at the same place if this continues your health will affect}

" Ha Jasmine kuch toh bol" Champa sat beside me.

{ Say something}

" Beta jo hua vo bohot bura tha par bhagwan par vishwas rakkh vo kuch galat nahi hone denge" Ma said.

{ Daughter whatever happened is so bad but keep trust in God he will do everything right}

" Toh fhir unhe kyu nahi bachaya" I look at her she looked at me confused.

{ Then why he didn't saved her}

" Kise?"

{Who?}

" Shanti Kaki" I look straight ahead and memories of her start coming in my mind " she also believed in god I used to look at her when every morning she go to temple the women harassed her, called her names but she never paid attention she just go do her prayer and come back many men used to pass comments on her, tried to touch her inappropriate but she still didn't left going to temple when I meet her she told me beleive in god he will do everything right " I look at Ma with wide eyes.

" Why didn't he save her from that Rakshash?"

{ Monster}

My breathing turned fast when I remember how he step forward towards her and she shrink back in fear she was continued screaming, begging him to leave her.

He raise the metal rod and hit her a painful scream escaped her mouth.

I screamed at the blood I saw.

" Ma khoon, khoon" I looked at my hands painted red.

{ Blood, Blood}

" Nahi, nahi kuch nahi nahi hai meri beti kuch nahi" Ma grabbed my shaking hands and hugged me.

{ Nothing is there }